Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dont Tell the Bride

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,179 ✭✭✭dee_mc

To show Kerwin how far Ireland has come fighting for equality, liberty and freedom.

Aw :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

dee_mc wrote: »
    I missed a good bit of the beginning, why is he going with the 1916 theme?

To show how far Ireland has come. That two fellas or two girls can get married.

This is gas!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,226 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

Mother of sweet J.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Awww the mammy made it :)

• Advertisement

*sniff*
    something in my eye

• Registered Users Posts: 3,719 ✭✭✭jluv

To be fair,whatever else happens now it will be good as Mama is there:D

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭TalkingBread

Best bit in six series...Kerwins mom.

Ah this is all great!

Bejaysis Mama is looking super!

• Advertisement

Great venue

Oh jeebs this pair! So nice

Ah that's lovely that he's doing everyone's hair!
    'I've barely touched myself all day' haha unfortunate choice of words!

Ah fair play all done very well so far!

• Registered Users Posts: 86,243 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Where is Mark's parents and family?

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Where is Mark's parents and family?

Probably don't agree with the wedding. Hope not though. My partner was disowned by his parents and sister when we went on the show.

Ok we need to send Kirwan on the 1916 bus tour! :p

Mark reminds me of Mondo from Fair City

I did shed a tear..

Probably don't agree with the wedding. Hope not though. My partner was disowned by his parents and sister when we went on the show.

:eek:
    Oh no I am sorry to hear that :(

Specifically because of the show?? Or because of your partnership??? Sorry, hope you don't mind me asking.

I hope everything is much better now and all is made up xx

• Advertisement

OMG you were on the show?
    Sorry to hear about your partners family reaction:(

That is a shame, hope you and your man are living life to the full and are very happy together

amdublin wrote: »
    :eek:
    Oh no I am sorry to hear that :(

Specifically because of the show?? Or because of your partnership??? Sorry, hope you don't mind me asking.

I hope everything is much better now and all is made up xx

They were fine with him being gay..once it was kept quiet. His mom wanted us to go abroad to get married. I don'y mind you asking. They still haven't spoken to him and that was over 2 years ago. Doesn't even get to see his godchildren. I don't mind talking about it cuz they go around like butter wouldn't melt when really they're awful excuses for humanity.

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    That is a shame, hope you and your man are living life to the full and are very happy together

We are thank you. My mother took him in as one of her own so he has a family. A family who accept him for who he is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Wellyd

By far the best episode of the series! Even had a bit of a tear in my eye. I really wish there were more couples like this on. The whole gimmick filled, let's try piss off the bride crap that this series has been full of really had me giving up on DTTB.

^^^^ What JP Liz said

Plus your show was brilliant. You are a lovely couple. You did yourself(s) proud on it, their loss for not wanting to be part of it and your life afterwards.

I know I complain about some episodes but I love this show, a guilty pleasure for me

• Registered Users Posts: 5,367 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

I only caught up with the show last night. I had seen the trailers for it and when I heard 1916 theme, I'll admit I was worried they were going to make a bit of a pi$$ take of the Rising and be overly stereotypically flamboyant etc. But I was pleasantly surprised! Mark's reasoning behind why he picked that theme was really thoughtful and made a lot of sense. I might have shed a tear or two of pride! Even how he organised the wedding, he organised a proper wedding and not a skit like some other grooms on this series. He really put in a lot of work and he pulled off a great wedding. He did well with the theme, not too over the top, a nice nod to the era and well executed. He also kept his partner in mind when planning it, which many grooms on the show don't. Ah bringing his mother in law over to Ireland, again a few more tears shed here! By far the best episode of the current series, and one of the best of the whole program to date!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭CailinGaillimh

Does anyone know when the rest of the series will air? Or is that it?

• Advertisement

Does anyone know when the rest of the series will air? Or is that it?

That's it until the next series.

Advertisement