Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dont Tell the Bride

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭Diddler1977

anplaya wrote: »
    sure the shop owner asked him what size she was and he looked at her like she was a retard and said 12-14.no fecking way was she that size ffs.

Ah it was so cute that he thought she was "hot" and a size 12-14.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

How on earth did they pull that off for €10,000!? They must of paid for some of the stuff themselves?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭Daisy!

The English version is way better!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

How on earth did they pull that off for €10,000!? They must of paid for some of the stuff themselves?

Well the first quote they got from the hotel was 7,000 euro, which Anthony managed to "talk them down" to 4,500 euro... I dont think this is realistic.. They must have taken the hotel manager aside and said "look we'll give you all this free advertising and we'll portray the hotel in it's best light".... I'd say the figures were as doctored as Anglo's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Well the first quote they got from the hotel was 7,000 euro, which Anthony managed to "talk them down" to 4,500 euro... I dont think this is realistic.. They must have taken the hotel manager aside and said "look we'll give you all this free advertising and we'll portray the hotel in it's best light".... I'd say the figures were as doctored as Anglo's.

Exactly I'd say they did the same for everything else as well!
    At least they saved some money on a videographer :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 511 ✭✭✭Qwerty27

Was the wedding not on a Monday....not a usual day for a hotel to host a reception therefore huge reductions available and there were less than 100 in attendance from what I remember of a truely woeful programme!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭Daisy!

I did think the couple were nice though at least.

This is repeated tonight at 22.40 if anyone missed it (or wants to watch it again!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

A repeat?! Already?!

What night was it on last week???? By chance was it Sunday and this is another episode?

amdublin wrote: »
    A repeat?! Already?! What night was it on last week???? By chance was it Sunday and this is another episode?

Yeah, I thought it was gonna be another episode, but then I remembered somebody said that it was a once off program..

• Advertisement

Was it not Tuesday night it was on last week?

Was it not Tuesday night it was on last week?

That rings bells alright!

Seems a bit silly repeating it a few days later.

That rings bells alright!

what a pun... ;)

what a pun... ;)

Intended!

Repeat! So good first time, RTE are showing it 5 days later.

Ah to be fair, I hadn't seen the start last week, they're a very nice couple.....

I think the fact that they sold their wedding day, tells you something about their collective morality... (Spoken from my high horse)..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭Featherl

Is it not on tonight, its not listed?

• Registered Users Posts: 22 lisa3

I think the fact that they sold their wedding day, tells you something about their collective morality... (Spoken from my high horse)..

I just actually found the comments now i saw the show and i actually think that with people's financial circumstances declining that this show is giving couples who really want to get married the opportunity to get married! I think that they seemed like a really nice couple, fair enough Amy wasn't great but considering there getting their wedding paid for and having the day they want but cant afford good on them! Unfortunately not everyone is in a position to spend 10 -20k or whatever it is costing these days to get married and if there given the opportunity to do it for free WHY NOT??? If you dont like it dont watch it... and to start making snide remarks about the groom going off with a bridesmaid just goes to show how SHALLOW the person who posted that is :mad:... I love the English version and if the Irish one is on again i will happily watch it..

lisa3 wrote: »
    ....and having the day they want but cant afford good on them!

May I offer this suggestion as a cheaper and more dignified way to get married... Think the elvis chap is working out of a "ghetto" in North Kildare..

elviswedding.jpg

Certainly more dignified than earning 10k from a production company and having them script it for you..

how on earth is that more dignified??

• Advertisement

i think each to their own but at least the other couple got their wedding paid for and they were able to have their nearest and dearest with them

I disagree with the concept of selling out your wedding day.. I would consider it on a par with selling the photos to OK, for which the celebs get criticized for.... They could have done it in a registry office and booked a room for a party afterwards..

oh and fyi, that episode was a once off AFAIK.. a pilot I think, and I dont think they have had a full series commissioned..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Is anyone watching this on RTE2 at the minute?
    Jaysus could it get any more cliche, lad hasn't a clue about anything, has the lads round for beer and football as soon as the missus is out.
    She wants a reception down the country with nice scenic views, he goes for the hotel in the middle of town.
    He rings people to tell them when and where the wedding is etc.

Christ but the voiceover is annoying too.

Wheres the remote

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 285 ✭✭PcAngel

Isn't it better than the doom and gloom on the news!

Who is the voice over girl?? Shes reeeeeeally annoying :mad:

PC Angel, I'll answer that AFTER I see yer wan trying on the dress the butcher boy picked out for her!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭I8A4RE

Lesson to learn from this programme: Let the bride to be do most of the organising, nod, say yes and do what ur told.

The invitations bit was a bit silly.

papagormo wrote: »
    PC Angel, I'll answer that AFTER I see yer wan trying on the dress the butcher boy picked out for her!:D

The first dress for €170 was much nicer than the yoke he bought for €600. Poor girl :(

Who is the voice over girl?? Shes reeeeeeally annoying :mad:
    I dunno, every single sentence she says has sarcasm seeping from it.
    I wouldn't ask her out for a bag a chips I'll tell ya that much

• Advertisement

"ill give her the best 30 seconds of her life"
    the poor lad must be cringing something cruel if hes watching this now.
    and the friend with his
    "what would you like to do to her right now?"
    knobarse

Advertisement