Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dont Tell the Bride

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Birdie086

that episode must be a contender for most boring

• Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭jos28

OK, I'm opening up a book, how long do you give them. Open for bets now

• Registered Users Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭Diddler1977

His dance gave me a great laugh!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Birdie086 wrote: »

I enjoyed it :confused:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

Mollyd90 wrote: »
    did she say what hotel she worked in?
    She has to be doing bar food by the size of the kichen and the pass. Still id say was set up for tv cos no bar could be that quiet!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭Diddler1977

What! It was great

I think a chef would find it hard not to be critical of the food....she was very positive about it all.
    Its hard to eat out when youre a chef, unless the food is really good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

She was very fussy... I'd say he was afraid to get in the bed beside her, in case she'd have a scorecard for HIM the next morning...

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭cheekita

I thought it was just.......lovely

Excellent episode of Fr Ted on now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭cheekita

I thought it was just.......lovely

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

jos28 wrote: »
    Excellent episode of Fr Ted on now

am trying to drag myself away, but I cant hilarous singing with signlanguage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭Gloveworm

eternal wrote: »

She thought olives were exotic fare though...

Gloveworm wrote: »

She thought olives were exotic fare though...
    She prob does carvery and wouldnt know much else. God i sound like a right bitch. Im a chef so can tell by what they showed. Sorrrry

She prob does carvery and wouldnt know much else. God i sound like a right bitch. Im a chef so can tell by what they showed. Sorrrry

I did think that she seemed to have a very unfoodie attitude for a chef.

No to melon but ok to vol au vonts? They're both country wedding food cliches.

That's me being a right bitch. :D

Bit of trivia ... the winner of the lovely girls competition was narrating Dont Tell The Bride..

Bit of trivia ... the winner of the lovely girls competition was narrating Dont Tell The Bride..

Dawn Bradfield?

Well, she does have the loveliest laugh, so it follows that her voice would also be up to scratch.

And I just spotted Ray and Dominic from FC too

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

the mad receptionist from the clinic?

You don't sound bitchy, carry on spill the beans

• Advertisement

Lisha wrote: »
    the mad receptionist from the clinic?

Yep and now she's voicing an ad on the break after Father Ted.. It must be Bradfield Season tonight on RTE TWO

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

She has to be doing bar food by the size of the kichen and the pass. Still id say was set up for tv cos no bar could be that quiet!

they mentioned in the voiceover that she does food for weddings herself.
    typical bloke getting a wednesday wedding. The nest man was gas, groom was a laugh and the bride wouldnt even go to her own hen :eek:
    I love their kitchen.....but cant listen to any more I do it all for him , them all saying he's useless:rolleyes:

kitchen probably cost about twenty grand and they're too mean to pay for their own wedding!

sweetie wrote: »
    typical bloke getting a wednesday wedding.

My brother-in-law was a guest at one of this series' weddings, and it was on a Tuesday as far as I remember. The production team give the grooms a very short time to organise things so often the only available dates in wedding-y hotels are midweek.

sweetie wrote: »

they mentioned in the voiceover that she does food for weddings herself.
    typical bloke getting a wednesday wedding. The nest man was gas, groom was a laugh and the bride wouldnt even go to her own hen :eek:
    I love their kitchen.....but cant listen to any more I do it all for him , them all saying he's useless:rolleyes:

kitchen probably cost about twenty grand and they're too mean to pay for their own wedding!
    Most small hotels would not have much chefs so for functions everyone would pull their weight. Only large hotels would have a seperate function staff. I have done weddings in posh hotels that are even big but it is just easier for everyone to pull together then to have seperate staff.

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭Caraville

Watched this last night on the RTE player, it was absolutely priceless. They were like something from another era- especially the bride and the mother in law.

There was something very sweet about them, when she was driving away for the three weeks she was so upset! While she seemed very set in her ways and they were fairly old fashioned, I actually was thinking it was refreshing to see a couple like them compared to many modern brides who want all sorts of crap on their wedding day. The UK Don't tell the Bride and Four Weddings are generally way tackier than the Irish weddings on this show. It's all a bit Footballer's Wives over there, I'd hate to think weddings would end up that way here.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭boogaloop

hear hear caraville, I totally agree. Seemed like a genuinely nice couple, I didn't think she was bitchy, she was complimentary about the food at the hotel etc.
    I imagine the whole 'I do everything for him' thing is probably an old joke, and based on his Mammy's comments maybe it could have to be said to wind the ma-in-law in at times, she seems to think her son is the best thing ever :)

Thought Martin was v cute, and easy going - they obviously get on very well together I think. I'd wish them the best of luck.

It is nice to see a couple who aren't all in to the bling, who are more traditional & a bit older - I enjoyed this episode so much more then the previous week, where I thought your one was really nasty to her mother about shoes etc. Get a grip!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭SerialComplaint

She did have an absolutely huge forehead though, didn't she?

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭Caraville

She did have an absolutely huge forehead though, didn't she?

The poor creathur, she really did! A fringe would definitely be good on her- although then again, maybe she just doesn't care & to be honest fair play to her if that's the case. Her husband is obviously mad about her so wouldn't say she's too bothered :)

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭boogaloop

ya, I do have to give in & say she had a fairly prominent forehead alright - but as ye say, hubby obviously doesn't mind. I think a fringe would be nice, and would have preferred her hair not to be so pulled up and back from her face, but hey - it's her choice. Thought the hairdresser didn't seem to know what she wanted done which was a pity.

I nearly choked laughing when the best man said about the paintballing 'tore the hole off me'.......c'mon, you would have to be a stone not to laugh at that :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Episode Three - Tonight @ 9:30pm
    Derek and Leona are childhood sweethearts. They grew up in Sandyford, Co Dublin and both lived very close to each other. They hung around with the same friends and have known each other a long time! Derek knew he had met the love of his life and asked Leona to go out with him when she was just 17. Now ten years later it's time to tie the knot.

Derek hasn't moved far from home, himself and Leona live in a house on the same grounds as his parents & his two brothers! Derek works in the local hospital in Leopardstown as a porter. Leona is the organiser in the relationship! Leona says even when it comes down to ordering a chinese - she will make the decisions. Leona and Derek have three children together: Jordan, Shana and baby Lacey.

Leona works for Vodafone in Leopardstown, Co Dublin. She's a quiet, homely girl who hates being on her own. She's very comfortable living in Sandyford's version of the Dingles! She knows Derek will do a good job organising the wedding because he's doing it for love. Leona is a very laid-back girl with full trust in her man to get everything right some would be doubt that Derek can pull it off though!

Derek is not used to budgeting, Leona does that for the family. He is an old romantic at heart and his love for Leona is obvious. The biggest decision for Derek was the dress - Derek & his bestman Brendan have certain aspirations regards the dress - eg the price - it has to be cheap. Derek knows that budgeting is a weak point for him and is adamant about sticking within the €10,000 budget. Derek really wants her to know how special she is to him by organising a romantic wedding for Leona but he certainly did have his work made out for him as he ran into a lot of problems!

Advertisement