Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dont Tell the Bride

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

How nice of them!
    Well for most people giving three months notice wouldn't be a big deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭Diddler1977

Lisha wrote: »
    yeah its at the priests discretion Id say, might I be so bold as to suggest that the priest might not have been in favour of what he might see as a 'tv show wedding'

Also after 3 kids together what's the rush! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

I think they had some cheek ringing in to Liveline to complain today.. given that the program was on the same night, it seems like a publicity stunt... tbh, I'm surprised any priest would get involved in the contrived, manipulated, edited circus that is "Dont Tell The Bridge"..

Why cos herself got all flustered with the pressure and expectation of the occasion (like Lisha did)?

Not true, I assure you, definitely, definitely not True, ;)

My issue is more with hotel hygiene:eek:

yeah its at the priests discretion Id say, might I be so bold as to suggest that the priest might not have been in favour of what he might see as a 'tv show wedding'
    I believe in this case, the church had concerns because they couldn't meet the couple together. They only met the groom on his own.

I think she wanted to get married in the same church that she had christened her children in.

AAHH if thats the case then its a real pity it was not there:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,467 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

I think they had some cheek ringing in to Liveline to complain today.. given that the program was on the same night, it seems like a publicity stunt... tbh, I'm surprised any priest would get involved in the contrived, manipulated, edited circus that is "Dont Tell The Bridge"..

Beggers can't be choosers..priests get a nice fee for their hours work too you know.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,747 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

MrsD007 wrote: »
    She actually wanted a church wedding! The Groom's father was on Liveline today complaining that the church wouldn't bend the three months notice rule so they could get married there.

RTE didnt show that

Beggers can't be choosers..priests get a nice fee for their hours work too you know.
    I'm sure the lady who performed the civil ceremony charged a fee too ;)

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    RTE didnt show that
    She mentioned that she would like to marry in Sandyford Church where her kids were christened.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,467 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

I'm sure the lady who performed the civil ceremony charged a fee too ;)

Of course, but she probably doesn't lecture people on starving children and all that...

• Advertisement

Of course, but she probably doesn't lecture people on starving children and all that...
    To be fair hotmail, I've never been at a church wedding where the priest lectured about starving children.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭lynski

AAHH if thats the case then its a real pity it was not there:(

there is nothing to stop them getting married ie the sacrament of marriage in a church if they wanted to is there? without the big day stuff?

given that they have 3 children to gether, perhaps there is a priest in this country who takes the whole pre-marital sex is a sin thing' seriously
    However, many sins are described as "grave sins" or "grave offenses" in the Catechism such as extramarital sex,[4] divorce[5] and masturbation.[6] These sins must be specifically confessed and named, giving details about the context of each sin: what sin, why, against what or whom, the number and type of occurrences, and any other factors that may exacerbate or lessen one's responsibility and culpability that the person confessing remembers. Roman Catholic belief holds that mortal sin can vary somewhat in seriousness, and thus canon law only lists some of those that are more serious.

lol, we are all going to hell, so we are, so we are.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭el diablo

Father Ted. Leo's new mot from Fair City is Sister Assumpta. :)

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭jos28

Sorry couldn't join in tonight, just watched the programme and it brought back great memories. My brother had his reception in the Summerhill in 1977. We all went to his gorgeous daughter's wedding there last year. A great day was had on both occasions. Have to admit it was weird watching my brother deliver the grooms speech and the father of the bride speech at the same table, in the same room !

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

Anyone else notice the families were on the wrong side for the way the bride and father of the bride walked up the aisle, looked a bit awkward.
    As for "it's was my first time being at .....one of those..." :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Karen23

The party bus looks great!!!

We got that party bus for my sisters hens from Dublin to Galway. It was great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

There is a Wicklow Couple on the BBC3 version of 'Don't Tell The Bride' on Monday Night

http://www.wicklownews.net/Post/2012/2/1179/wicklow-couple-on-dont-tell-the-bride-valentines-day-special/
    Wicklow couple to appear on "Don't tell the bride" BBC 3, Monday 13th February at 9pm.
    It was love at first sight when Wicklow lovebirds Daryl Corrigan and Clodagh Haughton met ten years ago - she was 15 and he was 17. Clodagh pursued her career in medicine and graduated recently, whereas laidback Daryl isn't as ambitious and works as a joiner. Despite being together for ten years, Daryl has remembered Valentine's Day just once, and that was only because Clodagh reminded him.

(Some details about the Wedding here ..)
    o this is Daryl's chance to make up for all the Valentine's Days he's forgotten and give her the most romantic wedding ever. But with a bride who is so controlling she has already bought her own wedding dress, how will Clodagh react when all the wedding decisions are taken out of her hands and she is faced with getting married in the wrong church, a reception in a barn in the middle of winter and a different wedding dress bought by her groom?
    Catherina Mc Allister of the "Beauty Salon" in Rathdrum who did the make up on the day explained her part in the programme.
    I got a phone call on the Sunday before from the groom Daryl about doing the Make up for his bride to be Clodagh.
    I was told I had to keep it very quite as it was for the BBC TV programme "Don't tell the Bride" and it was going to be the Valentine's special.
    He also needed help in finding a hairdresser, so I contacted local hairdresser Ann Broghan to fill her in and sent her details on to Daryl that evening.
    He did say the wedding was in Wicklow but couldn't disclose the address of location till Friday night.
    There were 3 Bridesmaids one of which was his sister Sheryl, her Mum and bride Clodagh that were required for make up.
    On the morning we arrived at 8.30 am together with the hairdresser Ann and my work experience Beauty Therapist Rebecca Kennedy who was a great assistance that day.
    We meet the Bride who looked very tired and the director Hayden King.
    It was a very busy morning I did all the Make up on the girls using Bare Minerals and apply tan to the bride and Rebecaa did the nails.
    It was daunting having the cameras there at all times interviewing the girls about the build up to the day.

It was a great experience to be involved in the programme. We didn't even know where the wedding was taken place or where the reception was the Bride was a bit nervous.
    She did look beautiful once she got her dress on she had to be ready by 12.15pm that was the deadline.
    I did hear its was in Ballinatone Chuch following by reception in Kirikee hall Glenmalure.
    Daryl was dressed up as a Knight in shining armour on horse back.
    I quickly came back to earth with a bump as I had to rush back to work for 1pm as I had clients in so was a very eventful morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

I'm watching the repeat. Do they live in a commune :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 bexzy

have to say the last series of Dttb rte was a lot better....they seem to be copying from the last few episodes of series 1...they ae goin to have a snake in one coming up again..and in an interview on u mag the bride said it was the most amazing day of my life except for giving birth to my son.....i am sure i remember seeing that on last seasons where the bride is after tryin on her dress?? #copycats??

bexzy wrote: »
    have to say the last series of Dttb rte was a lot better....they seem to be copying from the last few episodes of series 1...they ae goin to have a snake in one coming up again..and in an interview on u mag the bride said it was the most amazing day of my life except for giving birth to my son.....i am sure i remember seeing that on last seasons where the bride is after tryin on her dress?? #copycats??

I am sorry but your post makes no sense to me at all.

• Advertisement

Skid wrote: »
    There is a Wicklow Couple on the BBC3 version of 'Don't Tell The Bride' on Monday Night

http://www.wicklownews.net/Post/2012/2/1179/wicklow-couple-on-dont-tell-the-bride-valentines-day-special/

am watching this its pure lunacy, but Im sure it will be fab at the end:D

OMG he's MAKING the wedding bands himself:eek: well done him:D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,605 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

My eyes...my eyes...:eek:

All I can say is 'fabulous madness':D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,129 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

am watching this its pure lunacy, but Im sure it will be fab at the end:D

Im sorry but I would strangle that bloke! Apart from the fact that he looked like Mr Bean! :D

Tonight, RTE 2 @ 9:30pm

The Groom wants a punk themed wedding:eek: This one could be fun!! (on second thoughts, probably not):rolleyes:

Episode Four
    Niamh Nevin, 27, is originally from Tallaght. Her family moved to Clane in Co Kildare when she was 15. David O'Leary is from Allenwood, Co Kildare has lived there all his life.

Niamh & David met, briefly, when they were 14 and 15 respectively. They met again a couple of years later when Niamh went for a walk she was 17 at the time. She was crossing over a bridge over the Grand canal and bumped into David who was full of chat. She wasn't interested in him at all. However, he had been sweet on her for quite a while. David & Niamh met again when they were 19 in Robertstown, a place near where they both live. The first thing she thought was, 'he never stops talking'. She wanted to get away from him! They met up later that day. ironically there was a spark there. that was 10 years ago! Now they have a son called Jake who is 3 years of age.

They work side-by-side literally!. Her in Star Nails & Beauty and him in Star Barbers, in Allenwood. - When you go in the front door, turn left, her beauticians is through the door. When you go in the front door and turn right, his barbers is there! So this couple spending three weeks apart is not going to be easy as they literally live and work together!

They have been engaged for 3 years. David was hoping to plan a lavish engagement but never got the chance. He proposed, down on one knee, in the kitchen of their house in Derrinturn, Co Kildare. Niamh had just given birth to their son, Jake, 6 months previous.

David would love a punk themed wedding, as would Niamh - well so she thinks!. He has a vision of a wedding dress similar to the outfit Kylie Minogue wore in her 'Can't Get You Out of My Head' video - white number with a collar & hood. Niamh definitely wants to encorporate the colours red / black into her dress but does she change her mind?

Niamh & David have only been away from each other for one night out of 10 years. How will they do when they are apart from each other for three weeks?

Howya MrsD!

Sounds good tonight!

You going to watch Whitney on Oprah first?! 8pm on tv3

Hiya Amdublin, There is another Kildare couple on the show this evening!

Now for some exclusive news !!! Our very own Jonny and Hondasam will be making appearance in the coming weeks :pac::pac::pac::pac:

I think she plans on popping the question on February 29th :P

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Evening all, this week's episode looks good!!

• Advertisement

Hiya Amdublin, There is another Kildare couple on the show this evening!

Now for some exclusive news !!! Our very own Jonny and Hondasam will be making appearance in the coming weeks :pac::pac::pac::pac:

I think she plans on popping the question on February 29th :P

Ha ha! Too good to be true MrsD :p

Advertisement