Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dont Tell the Bride

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

The dancing :eek: I'm mortified for him!

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭PcAngel

The announcer used to be in the clinic! Dawn brad field.

I like this program! See you next week :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Surely a couple applying for the show might have had the common sense to work out a gameplan beforehand?? As in the type of dress she likes, venue, flowers etc. and then just let the gobsh1te put the plan into action...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

I didn't watch it but by the description in the OP it sounds pretty much like the UK one. Guy does opposite of everything girl wants, spends most of the budget on booze and his stag, girl somehow loves her wedding day despite detesting everything guy picked for her...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

The Republic of Telly boys are going to have a field day with clips from this programme

• Registered Users Posts: 10,888 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

tallpaul wrote: »
    Surely a couple applying for the show might have had the common sense to work out a gameplan beforehand?? As in the type of dress she likes, venue, flowers etc. and then just let the gobsh1te put the plan into action...

thats what we couldn't figure out either!!

he was a complete gob****e

having said that I thought it was ridiculous that they show the Girl going to really expensive venues and the best dress shops etc as there is a budget of €10,000...surely she didn't really expect to married in the Grand House she visited?
    I dunno, every single sentence she says has sarcasm seeping from it.

that is the point to this kind of role, like Come Dine with Me and other shows. The narrator is there to make the people seem like eejits

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

January wrote: »
    I didn't watch it but by the description in the OP it sounds pretty much like the UK one. Guy does opposite of everything girl wants, spends most of the budget on booze and his stag, girl somehow loves her wedding day despite detesting everything guy picked for her...

No the groom picked out things the bride actually loved. The whole thing went really well, he picked lovely bridesmaid and flower girl dresses too. His stag and her hen were similar enough, sit down meal and both parties went for drinks.

The narrator was terrible, I love the Come Dine with Me guy, whereas this woman was just making up rubbish the whole way through, saying the bride wasn't happy when she actually was, then slagging off the hotel saying the photos would be rubbish when the groom organised beautiful photos in Malahide castle and the inside of the hotel was lovely. I guess they just made things up to create drama when really the groom did really well.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I think that the groom did really well. He was painted in a bad light at the start.I doubt very much that he just sat around drinking beer for the first week. The focus on the dress was ridiculous. The narrator got a good 10 minutes out of bitching about it.

The narrator really really ruined the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I've always wondered why couples on this programme don't plan ahead. If I were on it I'd give the groom precise instructions to follow, especially about the dress!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

i had to laugh when they had the reception in the Darndale Hilton as it is known locally :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

amdublin wrote: »
    I like this program! See you next week :)

disappointed Amdub, thought we were all standing together in our dislike for this show.. :mad:

I was wondering would they keep Amy Hubermann for the voiceover .. she did the pilot episode.. But they have managed to find somebody even more irritating..

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

I was wondering would they keep Amy Hubermann for the voiceover .. she did the pilot episode.. But they have managed to find somebody even more irritating..
    Amy's former colleague Dawn Bradfield (The Clinic) is doing the voice over this time around.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRhsLqOTgChvfIeHzM8TUkgZLixXcUwxtlYviXI3-3biWQmvDkXGw

Can't imagine why anyone would put themselves and their families through the stress of taking part in this programme - even for the free wedding. However, I reckon Mr. D might have been able to do it if I had briefed him enough before hand and if I gave him a picture of the exact dress and the name of the designer etc.

I wonder do the brides give the grooms in this programme a big list of dos & don'ts. It may be possible to have a decent wedding if you had discussed it enough beforehand and then the groom could just book everything accordingly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭tampopo

yeah, I only caught a few minutes at the beginning and at the end. HE was picking out €170 dresses, while she was looking at a €900 dress. ouch, could end badly. But she ended up wearing that dress (or one very like it.)

caught the photographs and the trip to the Airport Hilton, not in the countryside, but she seemed happy. At least they had the nice Malahide Castle photos, which she seemed to prioritise....

didn't notice the voiceover too much. I liked the p!sstake of the Irish Country Women's programme voiceover.

You'd have to feel sorry for the bride.. She hated the dress, and was very obviously uncomfortable with the whole thing..

I hate Dawn Bradfield's voice on her adverts.. Quinn direct, 11850 etc etc.. but she didnt do a bad job on the narration of this.. much better than Amy Hubermann anyway..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

wasnt that ron sexsmith song in the end credits?

You'd have to feel sorry for the bride.. She hated the dress, and was very obviously uncomfortable with the whole thing..

I hate Dawn Bradfield's voice on her adverts.. Quinn direct, 11850 etc etc.. but she didnt do a bad job on the narration of this.. much better than Amy Hubermann anyway..
    I take it that the Anon/Hubermann love in is now officially over :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭claire2010

I felt sorry for her, she was uncomfortable in the dress. She should have tried to lose some weight.

MrsD007 wrote: »
    I take it that the Anon/Hubermann love in is now officially over :D

Both myself and Brian have moved on ...

Omg would you kill your fiancé!!!!!

That is more than a "scrape" on his face!!!!

Poor girl. She is lovely. And so pretty.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭PinkFly

most definately the tool.....

why do they put themselve thru it?? stressful!!!

Why don't these brides give their fiancée the name and model no of the dresss they want. When my husband travels abroad with work, I often print off pictures of clothes I want from websites and he goes to the store and he aways comes back with the correct thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Dublin201

MrsD007 wrote: »
    Why don't these brides give their fiancée the name and model no of the dresss they want. When my husband travels abroad with work, I often print off pictures of clothes I want from websites and he goes to the store and he aways comes back with the correct thing.

Thats the thing about the programme the bride has no input they cannot discuss before hand they sign legal agreements!

I know!

Or at a minimum her size plus the style she'd like.

What hotel is the bride in at the moment?

It's lovely :)

Dublin201 wrote: »
    Thats the thing about the programme the bride has no input they cannot discuss before hand they sign legal agreements!
    They could discuss it before they sign the legal agreement. Who would know?

Dublin201 wrote: »

Yeah they can't discuss between signing the legal document and the wedding three weeks later.

But, eh you can make it your business to talk to your fiance at any point before that!!!!

:confused:

Happy days - Silk Cut Purple !!!

I cannot look at that fella and his big scabby face!!!

The poor bride :(

• Advertisement

Eugh he is an awful man.

Me don't like him.

Advertisement