Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dont Tell the Bride

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,253 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

MrsD007 wrote: »
    LOL:D You're a bit late :p
    Aye, so is she... just used to the women on this show being a little plain...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,390 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Is it wrong for a lad to be hooked on this show? Literally the only thing produced by RTE I watch these days!

BTW, she was my ahem....favourite bride of the series so far

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭timewilltell

I know her - Lovely girl! and he's great!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

There is no way that was her father giving her away,the groom looked older then him :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭Diddler1977

Who does she look like.. I took a screen capture and put it through myheritage.com face recognition... And they say....

- Madonna
    - Julianne Moore
    - Tiiu Kuik (wtf? :confused: )
    - Camilla Belle
    - Judy Garland
    - Kristin Davis
    - Kristin Bell...

I'm not convinced..

She reminded me of Kristin Stewart playing Joan Jett in "The Runaways"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,253 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

I'm only watching it to get ideas for our own wedding...

That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Sleepy wrote: »
    I'm only watching it to get ideas for our own wedding...

[SIZE="1"]That's my story and I'm sticking to it![/SIZE]
    My fiancé loves it. It's comedy gold.

• Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭MIRMIR82

Did anyone else notice that there was literally nothing about money and costs in this episode? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

*Paging Skid "The Bestman" to the Reality Forum, Skid to the Reality Forum please....*
    It is normally the bride that shows up late, I'm so not impressed Skid :mad::D
    amdublin wrote: »
    Get your act together and start making some funny comments. You've time to make up :mad:

I should have stayed away.

Mean girls being nasty to me. Story of my life :(

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭LisaLee

She reminded me of Kristin Stewart playing Joan Jett in "The Runaways"

Don't know why, but the bride reminded me of this lady.
    CAROL-BRADY.jpg

Noticed that this episode didn't really announce the hotel names or prices really. All that was said was that the dress (ick!) was €1,200. Looked like a fun wedding to go to though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

LisaLee wrote: »
    Don't know why, but the bride reminded me of this lady.

Maybe because of her hair, no?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

I really enjoyed last nights show, they seemed like a really cool couple. I thought he did really well, although The Osprey was a bit of a mistake when he knew his bride so well, he should have gone with Roundwood House, but did the guy there say it was €65 per head? That’s crazy for a Tuesday wedding in November!

I agree with the previous poster, there was no mention of what he spent or where he was with his budget. There is no way he did all that with 10k, especially considering he spent €1200 on her dress alone. I know he probably got loads of freebies and discounts, but they shouldn’t set a budget if it’s totally unrealistic without loads of freebies. In the English version, they seem to really struggle with the budget (and they have a budget of £12k). If an average person went to recreate that wedding with that venue, the fire eaters, gymnasts etc, it would cost more like €18-20k.

By the way, am I the only one that liked her dress? I thought it was really funky and gave her a knock out figure. I wasn’t keen on the dip dyed bit, but thought he did an amazing job. Loved the mens suits too!

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭LisaLee

Maybe because of her hair, no?
    I should have put in a tongue in cheek smiley.. If one existed!:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

Quote:
    Originally Posted by amdublin
    €1200 is ridiculous for one dress for one day imo.

Johnny is paying.

I've just printed this out and nailed it to the fridge for when hondasam arrives home...

Johnny money is no problem to you :p

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Episode 5 - Tonight RTE 2 @ 9:30pm

Here is some info on tonight's couple, Nick and Gillian :) She's a control freak and he's forgetful. I'm sure the production team will keep him on track though :rolleyes:
    Nick & Gillian "officially" met when Gillian was 14 and Nick was 18 - they were both in the Castlecomer Community School in Kilkenny. She knew him but wouldn't talk to him - she did think he was cutie!. Nick was always friendly and outgoing. she was shy, he mistook that for snobbery!

They met again years later when they were studying in University of Limerick. She was studying voice & dance while he was studying to be a science teacher. They have a daughter together Lily who is 1 year old.

Nick and Gillian have been engaged since December 2010 - a few days after Lily was born. While Gillian is the organiser in the relationship, Nick is the forgetful/relaxed one. Gillian finds it hard to let go of the strings.

Gillian is a control freak. she controls everything: finances, household affairs etc. Nick wears shorts all the time, even in winter and she was seriously worried that Nick would do it on the big day! Nick has never bought Gillian clothes and wouldn't have the faintest idea of what she'd likes. One of her priorities for the wedding is the music so the church music would be a worry concern for him... but VERY important for her.

She's worried that Nick will organise a pagan wedding as he's mentioned a hand tying ceremony a few times. He says he's not a devout catholic so would like something that reflects his beliefs. His initial idea for the wedding was a marquee, fairground attractions so he definitely wanted to do something different to surprise her. Nicks big worry due the 3 weeks was the gossip/rumour mill circulating around town about the wedding. He put a lot of effort into deflecting rumours and doing damage control. Not knowing the details gots to her. Nick put a huge amount of effort into organising this wedding - he thought outside the box (e.g. hen night)

Did Nick & Gillians day turn out to be the dream day or was it her worse nightmare come through true? Nick certainly had high levels to work to as Gillian has been dreaming of her big day since she was a young child!

http://www.rte.ie/tv/programmes/dont_tell_the_bride.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭saa

Worst nightmare come through? I don't care about spelling on boards but if that's a quote from rte I give up :pac:

Yer one from last time (as did Jedward when I first saw them) of these 00:46

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭timewilltell

Here is some info on tonight's couple, Nick and Gillian :) She's a control freak and he's forgetful.............I'm sure the production team will keep him on track though :rolleyes:

The grammar... won't somebody please think of the grammar!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Here is some info on tonight's couple, Nick and Gillian :) She's a control freak and he's forgetful.............I'm sure the production team will keep him on track though :rolleyes:

The grammar... won't somebody please think of the grammar!

Sounds like they got someone on work experience to write it. Still better than the voice overs though.

One of her priorities for the wedding is the music so the church music would be a worry concern for him... but VERY important for her.

More shocking grammar :(

Do RTE get someone from Fourth Class to do the write-ups for Don't Tell Bridie ? :mad:;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,316 ✭✭✭Speedsie
    ¡arriba, arriba! ¡andale, andale!

The entire review is simply awful!
    she did think he was cutie!.
    Apart from the syntax, do we need a full stop after the exclamation mark?
    outgoing. she
    freak. she
    As I understand it, generally a capital letter follows a full stop.
    Nicks big worry due the 3 weeks was the gossip/rumour mill circulating around town about the wedding.
    What? Just 'what?' :confused:

I can't continue...but I believe Fourth Class would do better. Much better.

• Advertisement

Hello :D

Hello :D

Hiya :)

Stop singing together! :eek: stop! stoppit now!!!

Cringe :o

Poor child couldn't get away.

Good Evening Folks!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭jos28

Evening Mrs D

They looked like that mad hippy couple dueting in the church in 4 weddings & a funeral
    "I can't live without you"

Really cute baby :)

I'd say she's a difficult woman to live with at times.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭jos28

Nice church

Advertisement