Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dont Tell the Bride

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,513 ✭✭✭passremarkable

this wedding is freaky

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

this wedding is freaky

Any particular reason in your opinion?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

this wedding is freaky

Ah it's fun and they are lovely

Would not be me but all the best to them

And they seem to be mad about each other

• Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭jos28

I love her bouquet, her friend could make a few bob selling them

Meangadh wrote: »
    Yeah they all seem like lovely people.

I like the dress but I think a sash around it makes it nicer, draws in the waist. I probably wouldn't go with the colour sash he picked though.

Completely agree. Cream or champagne would've been nice IMO

• Advertisement

amdublin wrote: »
    Any particular reason in your opinion?

just cant put my finger on exactly why, wedding in a bog, dreadful attire,nope sorry AM, il get back to you on it...may be just a gut reaction(or over-reaction)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Meangadh

Ah those green tights, come on! I'm all for a bit quirky but they look stupid.

Yeah the whole "budget" thing is fairly non-existent, probably freebies for advertising.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭jos28

It would be a boring world if we all had the same taste, I like what they have done and they seem really happy. I laughed at the look that the bride's mother gave at the friend's green tights

duffys circus comes to mnd

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭busymom31

Fab wedding

• Advertisement

narrator is very witty in fairness

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭julyjane

narrator is very witty in fairness

I'd love it if there was someone like Dave Lamb (Come Dine With Me) narrating

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Quite contrary

twirlagig wrote: »
    The green tights! :O

Yes, awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭boogaloop

I really need them to give a breakdown of prices. Can't see how he could have gotten a helicopter, bling dress etc for 10k.

Yes, awful.

boogaloop wrote: »
    I really need them to give a breakdown of prices. Can't see how he could have gotten a helicopter, bling dress etc for 10k.

Completely agree. The UK one they discuss the budget all the way through, but the .Irish they don't.

I'd be very suspicious that another person off the street could replicate the wedding for 10k.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭prettyinpink

Completely agree. The UK one they discuss the budget all the way through, but the .Irish they don't.

I'd be very suspicious that another person off the street could replicate the wedding for 10k.

My bro in law did their wedding for under 10k but there was stuff separate to the budget that they paid for themselves aka photographer. We bridesmaids had to pay for our own jewellery/shoes/make up.

My bro in law did their wedding for under 10k but there was stuff separate to the budget that they paid for themselves aka photographer. We bridesmaids had to pay for our own jewellery/shoes/make up.

You were on this show?! :eek:

Tell more tell more!

You were on this show?! :eek:

Tell more tell more!

My sister was one of the brides on the last series. What do you want to know?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

Is this repeated? I wan't get capture a bit of it for someone who doesn't have access to the player.

My sister was one of the brides on the last series. What do you want to know?

Everything I'd imagine :)

Do they let you make your own decisions or is it very scripted ?
    Are they very intrusive you your plans ?
    Do they make you stick to budget ?
    Was it hard to get guests at short notice?
    Was it very panicked ?

I hope ye enjoyed it :)

• Advertisement

Lisha wrote: »
    Everything I'd imagine :)

Do they let you make your own decisions or is it very scripted ?
    Are they very intrusive you your plans ?
    Do they make you stick to budget ?
    Was it hard to get guests at short notice?
    Was it very panicked ?

I hope ye enjoyed it :)

Is there really "NO" contact between the b&g?
    Could you pass messages between them ;)

Which bride was your sister?!

Do they let you make your own decisions or is it very scripted ? Well they decide what venues you are allowed visit same with the wedding shops and the bridesmaids stuff.
    Are they very intrusive you your plans? All your plans and ideas are actually asked of you while you are being interviewed for the show, you won't believe how much of a screening process goes into it before you are picked for the show aswell. And my sister only found out she was picked on a tue and they started filming on a fri.
    Do they make you stick to budget ? Well my brother in law planned it all so i can't answer this but i do know they couldn't invite as many ppl as they would have liked because of the cost of the hotel.
    Was it hard to get guests at short notice? Yes some couldn't make the short notice, you are literally giving out invites 3 days before the wedding, alot of people couldn't make it which is disappointing, some ppl didn't turn up and some made an almighty effort to be there.
    Was it very panicked ? the last week was a bit because its doing a lot in such short notice. The amount of filming we did and so little of it makes the final edit then.

Is there really "NO" contact between the b&g?
    Could you pass messages between them ;)

Which bride was your sister?!

No contact what so ever, its even stated in the contract any contact and you forfeit the prize and have to pay back the money. Their mobiles phones were taken off them and they were given spare phones from the crew.

It's a great show and I'm a sucker for heartwarming stories so I love it
    The uk one is much more budget focused but IMHO the Irish one is more genuine and I really think the couples are mad about each other
    The guests would be stressy if say but it's about the marriage at end of day I suppose
    Thanks for answering :)

No contact what so ever, its even stated in the contract any contact and you forfeit the prize and have to pay back the money. Their mobiles phones were taken off them and they were given spare phones from the crew.

Crivkey I'd cope without my other half easier than without my phone

Lisha wrote: »
    Crivkey I'd cope without my other half easier than without my phone

Lol well they did an replacement phone but with a new number so she had none of her contacts/numbers of friends. That was a lot of fun when we were trying to contact ppl about the wedding lol

Thanks for this pretty in pink!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Coming up tonight :pac:

Episode Three - Steven & Ciara from Co. Louth.
    Steven<snip> has been in a four-year-long relationship with fiancee Ciara <snip>, and for their wedding, she expects the ceremony to follow her family's tradition of a sumptuous occasion in suitably grand settings. However, football enthusiast Steven has other ideas, and it is up to his friends to persuade him to choose a venue other than Oriel Park - home of Dundalk FC.

http://entertainment.ie/tv/display.asp?channelid=82&programme=&programme_day=24+January+2013&programme_time=allday&submit=Search

• Registered Users Posts: 19,417 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Watching the UK/English one. Like Tallafornia/Jersey Shore gets married...tack.

• Advertisement

that louth accent is atrocious

Advertisement