Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dont Tell the Bride

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

The bridemaid's dresses are nice enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

I'd say Graham is delighted with the recent change in the legislation so he will be able to enjoy a big day himself..

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

He is SO lucky he got the dresses right, cos everything else is just awful.

STRETCH HUMMER! Ew ew ew!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,978 ✭✭✭445279.ie

Hummer - classy :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭stinkle

stretch hummer....CLASSY!

Bridesmaid dresses were very nice, much better than the more expensive ones I thought. They were a bit muttony!

• Advertisement

stinkle wrote: »

Bridesmaid dresses were very nice, much better than the more expensive ones I thought. They were a bit muttony!
    The first bridemaid dresses looked like cheap nightdresses.

Jaysus, Christy Dignam looks rough :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Fair play to the husband,seemed like a nice chap too.
    Wouldn't be mad about the stretch hummer though!

stinkle wrote: »

That's the ultimate chav touch alright.. It's a bit ridiculous to pass this off as a 10k wedding, when it's RTE's pull that have got the permit to have the wedding in Croke Park, and access to the pitch.. And Christy Dignam singing Avé Maria ..lol

• Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭jos28

Christy could have put a jacket on, not a hoodie !

• Advertisement

and he STILL got the ring wrong :rolleyes:

I sincerely doubt that they'd be able to do this wedding for anything near 10k if there weren't RTE cameras following them.

All things considered he didn't do too bad.

phasers wrote: »
    and he STILL got the ring wrong :rolleyes:

could they not have got a ring based on this idea..

wf2480a.jpg

Seems like Croker have decided that this would be a nice little moneymaker

http://www.crokepark.ie/Weddings

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

That's the ultimate chav touch alright.. It's a bit ridiculous to pass this off as a 10k wedding, when it's RTE's pull that have got the permit to have the wedding in Croke Park, and access to the pitch.. And Christy Dignam singing Avé Maria ..lol

And a gospel choir which wasn't mentioned anywhere in relation to the budget :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭jos28

I thought there was a bit on the trailer when she tried the dress on and said she hated it :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭stinkle

I'm sure a lot of this is staged, and the RTE factor helped but WHY did Croke Park have a wedding package (including ceremony) and then there was drama over the legalities of having the actual ceremony there? Surely any corporate venue would have done the legal bits and bobs for civil marriages without waiting for a couple to instigate it...... maybe I'm just cynical!

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭lil-ms-vodka

Ah he done really well, that has to be the best one of the series so far :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Ha ha ha moany young wun next week "I nearly got sicK inside there!"

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

I thought he did very well,Christy looked like he just passing Croke Park and someone spotted him and asked him to pop in and sing a few songs

• Advertisement

amdublin wrote: »
    And a gospel choir which wasn't mentioned anywhere in relation to the budget :confused:
    And what about shoes and flowers etc...

It's all so contrived, they make up fake drama to keep people watching.

jos28 wrote: »
    I thought there was a bit on the trailer when she tried the dress on and said she hated it :confused:
    Now that you mention it, I thought so too!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

amdublin wrote: »

Ya im sure he said he went over budget and would have to cut back on a few things

I was just looking at the croke park price list and if he were to pay full price it would have taken up the vast majority of his budget. RTE must think viewers are idiots.

Was just on there Phasers and thinking the same thing :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Fair play to the chap and he came across very well imo.

phasers wrote: »
    I was just looking at the croke park price list and if he were to pay full price it would have taken up the vast majority of his budget. RTE must think viewers are idiots.
    The Groom said originally that they were looking for €6,000 but then they mysteriously dropped the price to around €4,000. It was great advert for Croke Park though.

MrsD007 wrote: »
    Now that you mention it, I thought so too!

yeah I think they do that deliberately.. It's a bit disingenuous..

But I thought it was at least a bit reassuring (in the sincerity/legitimacy of the show) that last week the girl actually said "The dress is very plain", when they first showed her the dress.... As opposed to the usual "oh he's magically picked the right dress" which seems to happen on this type of show..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,121 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Fair play to the chap and he came across very well imo.

Apart from apparently spending some of his budget in the bookies that was crazy.

Advertisement