Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dont Tell the Bride

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

yeah I think they do that deliberately.. It's a bit disingenuous..

But I thought it was at least a bit reassuring (in the sincerity/legitimacy of the show) that last week the girl actually said "The dress is very plain", when they first showed her the dress.... As opposed to the usual "oh he's magically picked the right dress" which seems to happen on this type of show..
    I'd have loved some fireworks over the dress :mad: :mad: :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,121 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

I think its ridiculous the way the brides say ''oh he doesn't know my dress/ring size'' i mean come on how stupid do they think we are its their wedding of course the groom will be well drilled as to the sizes of the most important things:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Apart from apparently spending some of his budget in the bookies that was crazy.

You don't actually believe he was spending some of the budget on the horses. He said he lost 40 euro and I thought on one horse but that was on a few races which is not much and out of his own pocket I would say.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,121 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

You don't actually believe he was spending some of the budget on the horses. He said he lost 40 euro and I thought on one horse but that was on a few races which is not much and out of his own pocket I would say.

I actually only caught the last 10mins of the show, just think they shouldn't have included that into a show about getting married thats all.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭jos28

yeah I think they do that deliberately.. It's a bit disingenuous..

But I thought it was at least a bit reassuring (in the sincerity/legitimacy of the show) that last week the girl actually said "The dress is very plain", when they first showed her the dress.... As opposed to the usual "oh he's magically picked the right dress" which seems to happen on this type of show..
    :( I was looking forward to her throwing a wobbly over the dress.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

I think its ridiculous the way the brides say ''oh he doesn't know my dress/ring size''

Well the only time actual a dress size was mentioned was last week, when the girl was a size 8 and the guy (remember him, he was a big tool) got her a size 12 dress... I'd say the girl tonight was 14-16 and there was no mention of the size... I'd would say that she told them she didnt want the actual size to be broadcast... of course I'm cynical (and a bit drunk) though.. ;)

I think its ridiculous the way the brides say ''oh he doesn't know my dress/ring size'' i mean come on how stupid do they think we are its their wedding of course the groom will be well drilled as to the sizes of the most important things:rolleyes:
    Dress sizes for bridal gowns can be tricky. Most brides drop a dress size (with the stress of the weddiing) in the last few weeks, so most gowns end up being altered in the last week.

Well the only time actual a dress size was mentioned was last week, when the girl was a size 8 and the guy (remember him, he was a big tool) got her a size 12 dress... I'd say the girl tonight was 14-16 and there was no mention of the size... I'd would say that she told them she didnt want the actual size to be broadcast... of course I'm cynical (and a bit drunk) though.. ;)
    The bestman mentioned she was a size 16. I'd say she was a size 16 - 18 TBH.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

MrsD007 wrote: »
    The Groom said originally that they were looking for €6,000 but then they mysteriously dropped the price to around €4,000. It was great advert for Croke Park though.

A suit carrier for Black Tie was very prominently draped across the table at one stage, I'm sure they gave a discount rate for their services too.

SkidMark wrote: »
    A suit carrier for Black Tie was very prominently draped across the table at one stage, I'm sure they gave a discount rate for their services too.
    Not sure that was a good thing though and some of the suits were too short. Doesn't say much for the guy taking the measurements in Black Tie.

Isn't Black Tie owned by one of the Dragons?

• Advertisement

Not sure that was a good thing though and some of the suits were too short. Doesn't say much for the guy taking the measurements in Black Tie.

Isn't Black Tie owned by one of the Dragons?
    Yep, the one called Niall owns Black Tie

• Registered Users Posts: 4,247 ✭✭✭Poochie05

I Sky+'d it but it missed the end, the planner only had it down for 30 min, but thanks Boardsies, the suspense would have been killing me!:D
    I was expecting her to throw a wobbly about the dress as well but obviously it was all right in the day, more audience manipulation.:rolleyes:

I agree on the point about the budget not being realistic, and I hate how they work up false issues to make everything seem a bit more tense! I would imagine the fantasy places she visited - Marian Gale for the dress and not sure where the house was but I'm sure you wouldn't have had much change out of the €10,000 for those 2 things alone!

jos28 wrote: »
    Yep, the one called Niall owns Black Tie
    €400 seemed very cheap for seven suits I thought. I reckon that was a special price too.

Niall O'Farrell is the dragon who has no sense of humour at all..

Poochie05 wrote: »
    I Sky+'d it but it missed the end, the planner only had it down for 30 min, but thanks Boardsies, the suspense would have been killing me!:D
    It will be on the RTE Player or if you want to catch the repeat, it will be on Friday night at 12:05 on RTE 2.

Niall O'Farrell is the dragon who has no sense of humour at all..
    He may have no sense of humour but he has a house in Shrewsbury Road worth €14 million.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

€400 seemed very cheap for seven suits I thought. I reckon that was a special price too.

It did seem a bit generous, the conversation went something like

"The suits are €120 each"

"But what's your best price"

"€400 for the lot"

Even if the boys' suit were originally less than €120, that's a serious discount from the first quoted price without any serious haggling.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,247 ✭✭✭Poochie05

It will be on the RTE Player or if you want to catch the repeat, it will be on Friday night at 12:05 on RTE 2.

Yeah I had a look but it's not up there yet, and I couldn't wait :D
    I'll probably catch up tomorrow just to see it through to the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭smallerthanyou

I like it. Ok some of it is a bit dramatised but it wouln't be good viewing if i wasn't! Yer man tonight did a good job!

SkidMark wrote: »
    It did seem a bit generous, the conversation went something like

"The suits are €120 each"

"But what's your best price"

"€400 for the lot"

Even if the boys' suit were originally less than €120, that's a serious discount from the first quoted price without any serious haggling.
    Jaysus, I'd have saved a fortune on my wedding if I had him with me (or better still an RTE camera crew).

I wonder what kind of reception someone would get if they went into Black Tie this weekend and asked for seven suits (like Gary's) for €400.

• Advertisement

Jaysus, I'd have saved a fortune on my wedding if I had him with me (or better still an RTE camera crew).

I wonder what kind of reception someone would get if they went into Black Tie this weekend and asked for seven suits (like Gary's) for €400.

Start haggling for that and Niall would say 'I'm Out !'

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭00benski

Id say Niall O Farrell was sitting at home in his mansion losing the will to live, the suits wernt great and they got the pageboys wrong :eek: I wouldnt touch blacktie with a bargepoll they are a bunch of Jokers, Imagine the stress on the morning of you wedding if you tried on your clothes and they were wrong. nasty

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I only just got around to watching this but Black Tie suits cost very little. I was at a wedding fair and they were advertising them for €65. I thought the groom did a great job.

on behalf of the Friday night drinking team..

bump!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

amdublin wrote: »
    Why is this program on so late?

Would it not get a better audience around 7.30 in the eve?

Well I think we know the answer to this now.

Answer:
    Because when we commission the full series we are going to have some culchie and Dublin scangers who are going to turn the air blue with their f'ing and blinding.

Thanks for the bump Jonathan Mary. Now get back to that poster work please.

Thanks for the bump Jonathan Mary. Now get back to that poster work please.

I bumped the post and ye all fekd off... Here posting to myself last night.. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭Diddler1977

I bumped the post and ye all fekd off... Here posting to myself last night.. :(

Ha ha Billy no Mates!

But don't worry once you are in the Aras no one will dare leave a thread until you have told them they can.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 mastspark

amdublin wrote: »
    Eugh he is an awful man.

Me don't like him.
    I know this guy i was actually at the wedding and because he stood up to the crew a couple of times they made him out to be an arrogant prick the day and everything turned out great nicola was very happy you should maybe pull your nose in a wee bit and give them all a little mor
    e support :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

mastspark wrote: »
    I know this guy i was actually at the wedding and because he stood up to the crew a couple of times they made him out to be an arrogant prick the day and everything turned out great nicola was very happy you should maybe pull your nose in a wee bit and give them all a little mor
    e support :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

It's not hard to make people out to be an arrogant prick (your words) when they go on like one.

If you don't go like an eejit they can't show you being an eejit. Simples, no :confused:

It's not my fault he acted that way. You should be giving out to him not me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

mastspark wrote: »
    blah blah blah... give them all a little more support :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Our licence fee is paying for their bloody wedding! How much more support do they want?! :eek:

Advertisement