Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buildings and Monuments in Drogheda

Options
  • 18-04-2011 10:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭

I am looking for references i.e. literature in relation to buildings and monuments in and around Drogheda - there is so much history around us, but it seems very difficult to find any information :(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 EI8GHB

For information on the ancient sites of the area you can't beat "Island of the Setting Sun - In Search of Ireland's Ancient Astronomers" which explores mostly sites in the Boyne Valley, including Baltray, Colpe, Millmount, Dowth, Newgrange, Knowth, Slane, Tara.

Written by my good self. Shameless plug!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 walsh350

Were buying a place in drogheda soon. One of the attractions was all the historical sites in the area. Im planning to spend next summer exploring on a bicycle. : ) as OP says any books on the local area sites would be usefully.

@Ei ill check your book out. : )

• Registered Users Posts: 6,193 ✭✭✭PaulieC

Contact the Old Drogheda Society in Millmount. They have a rich documented history of pretty much all old buildings in and around the town

Advertisement