Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Red moon - Night of 18/04/2011

Options
  • 18-04-2011 11:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 914 ✭✭✭

Went outside and noticed the weird colour of the moon tonight. It's a reddish/orange colour. I have attached some photos. It's probably since its low in the sky and the sun is shining on it at unusual angle..:confused:
    Enjoy!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭peterako

Yep.

It was glorious!
    Deep red, happens every now and then.

And your description of why is good.

Also see Wiki Red Moon

Last night's was really lovely.

Great shots!

Clear skies,
    Peter

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭refusetolose

n00b wrote: »
    That's a terrible pic, it's out of focus.

have you a better one?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,573 ✭✭✭Penfailed

That's a terrible pic, it's out of focus.

Troll?

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭refusetolose

found some other pics in the photgraphy forum

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?threadid=2056243636

• Registered Users Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

Yes I have much better pictures of the moon.

Unfortunately I don't have a picture of a red moon but I am competent enough in photography to take in-focus photos of the moon. Let me know if you want to see some samples.

If I had an opportunity to take a picture of a red moon I wouldn't take shots of trees and twigs, with a red smudge in the background.

what ? and encourage you ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Lab_Mouse

mattjack wrote: »
    what ? and encourage you ?

he's a re-reg troll so he probably wont be around long enough for you to encourage

• Registered Users Posts: 914 ✭✭✭DarkDusk

I'm sorry that I took a "terrible pic", that I'm not a professional photographer and I don't have very expensive photographing equipment to take great photos like you probably do. I'm just a 15 year old that has a great interest in astronomy, not photography (you can see that from my username). I just wanted to point out that there was a red moon that night. If I wanted to post a really close-up photo, I'd post in the photography forum with a photo through my Celestron Astomaster 130eq. I've attached one that I took in November, but at the same time it isn't great and a bit smudgy (I just want to prove I have a 130eq before you question me about that) and then again, I was having difficulty aiming the camera down the eyepiece.

Regards,
    James.

P.S. Everyone should look at his previous posts. He seems to like commenting on other people's Astonomy photography.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 31 jenry

Took this last night, its a bit out of focus. looked amazing though.A090ABD3BE5A46D1BF8C7DC939E25266-0000322603-0002278992-00800L-457E50302D1D416E9AA91811148CECC6.jpg

Unreal shot! Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭clln

Ignore the Trolls and the begrudgers folks!

i love the amateur pics,no matter what the first post might be,even a camphone................. "A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step!".......................

it is the joy that the genuine posters exude, from a noobie to an expert that inspires others to 'expand their horizons'

there will always be some who want to curb other people's joy,they are sad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭backboiler

:confused: What's going on here? I don't see any n00b posts and there's no image in jenry's post. Is there a setting I've {en,dis}abled that's doing this?

Dunno.. Couldn't tell ya.. You should go to a help forum to find out the problem..:confused:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,676 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

backboiler wrote: »
    :confused: What's going on here? I don't see any n00b posts
    He was trolling all over the place. An admin banned him and deleted all his posts. You can still see where he was quoted though.
    and there's no image in jenry's post. Is there a setting I've {en,dis}abled that's doing this?
    Strange, I can see it.

Advertisement