Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Franciscan Well Fire

Options
  • 18-04-2011 11:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭

It appears that the building next to the well is alight, Unsure if there is damage to the well itself

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭lecker Hendl

scaled.php?tn=0&server=610&filename=hsyvmf.jpg&xsize=640&ysize=640

Friend of my gf lives next door to that (on the other side from the well). the place was empty and was being used as a squat. Was boarded up recently by the council and the fire happened shortly thereafter. Her house has been badly smoke and water damaged. Not sure about the well but I imagine some smoke damage would be possible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Was there not a fire where some fella died there last year as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭MissRetro

According to the Franciscan Well official Facebook page the pub itself was not damaged by the fire and "Easter Beerfest" will go ahead. Crazy smoke clouds over the city though! The house on the opposite side of The Well went on fire about about two years ago also, although a lot worse than this fire from what I hear. Apparently this one was caused by people drinking in the abandoned house but I'm not sure about that bit, sounds likely though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,982 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

Is that the building with the apartments that you can see into from the upstairs of the Franny?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Bogsnorkler

Second time in 12 months a fire has happened in the north mall. Last time twas further up, in a place made up of 1 bed apartments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,304 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Misleading thread title is misleading

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

A couple of years back I used to live in that top apartment that caught fire. They're old and some of the flats there certainly do not meet minimum safety requirements.

Advertisement