Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Net slow tonight ?

• 19-04-2011 1:20am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭

Anyone else experiencing really slow speeds tonight ? I'm with Vodafone.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

Yup - me too unfortunately. On Digiweb.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Me three on Eircom since about midnight ish. Still at it this morning too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Mayo Exile

Yes. Awful slow just before midnight. With Eircom on the NGB package. Was only getting 0.10 Mb/s download speeds. Youtube videos constantly buffering etc.

The only test I could (half) run was about 0.10Mb aswell.

Anyone off today that can ring it in to their provider? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Dale Parish

Getting ridiculously slow speeds here with UPC; Speedtest won't even run properly due to latency errors?

• Advertisement

So far the issues on this thread are on DSL in Dundalk which suggests to me there could be an actual issue locally.

Not sure about UPC in Limerick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,250 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

The only test I could (half) run was about 0.10Mb aswell.

Anyone off today that can ring it in to their provider? :)

I rang and they say everything is fine. But it's not, I couldn't even connect to speedtest.net and it takes for ages to connect to any site.

She said nobody else had reported a problem, so maybe if they get more calls they will check it out.

Eircom NGB Advanced in Dundalk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭Salvation

Same here on Vodaphone not registering talked to them twice will call them and say there is an outage

getting perfect ping 25ms but down is 0.01MB and up 0.55

on a 7.6MB Package

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Slow as hell here this morning.

Also in Louth.

Checked again now and it seems to be resolved for me now.

1259131103.png

8Mb NGB - No contention my ass.

• Advertisement

Guys talked to Voda they have'nt had reports but it is happening so more people who call then they will get someone to check the exchange, most likely a dodgy switch or fibre backbone problem.

Using speedtest.net just now. Normally I get a 7 Mb/s download speed. As reported up the thread speedtest.net wasn't working earlier.

1259129447.png

I am getting better speeds but still 50% Less than Normal.

I get constantly until now Down 6.5MB and Up 0.55MB and ping around 20ms

Now I am getting this :

http://www.speedtest.net/result/1259134228.png

Looks like it is going up and down

Spoke too soon. Back down around 2Mb now.

At least it's semi usable now. Was getting next to nothing earlier.

Where is our exchange located exactly I have a screwdriver and a lump hammer handy :D

Eircom building on the ramparts I imagine?

1259138951.png

EDIT: oops! if speed test image not showing, latest result is, download - 1.12 Mb/s, upload - 0.43 Mb/s.

1259144772.png

If image not showing, download - 0.06 Mb/s, upload - 0.43 Mb/s.

The upload result is what I normally get.

Same here not even registering a download figure at all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 955 ✭✭✭ninja 12

Just rang Eircom support , he said they're working on the Dundalk exchange at the moment , trying to fix the fault ...

He didn't give an estimated time for when it'll be fixed , but said it usually takes 4-8 hours , depending on the fault.

• Advertisement

at last some good news :)

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Net1

We love it when this frequent event happens in Dundalk !!! Seriously, they should stop telling their customers that there is not a problem, when there quite clearly is !!

1259245674.png

Net1 how do I get speeds like what you are showing there when the packages on Net1 go up to only 8MB as if I could get those speeds I would drop DSL in a blink of an eye

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

Just off the phone to Vodafone TS before checking this thread, I'm the first person in Dundalk to ring about a problem with broadband today :rolleyes:

More like the 101st person to call

We're averaging about 9+ up and down in the North Louth area at the moment. We commit to the values on our website, but wherever possible offer the maximum. If somebody is a data w**re then they are wound down to the advertised speed. Hope this helps

Net1 wrote: »
    We love it when this frequent event happens in Dundalk !!! Seriously, they should stop telling their customers that there is not a problem, when there quite clearly is !!

1259245674.png
    Frequent event? This is the second problem I've had with it in over 6 years - the first being when Eircom's DNS was hacked and I changed to openDNS.

The last big DSL outage in Dundalk was on 10th November 2010, where most but not all bitstream customers were offline for 36 hours

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

Frequent event? This is the second problem I've had with it in over 6 years - the first being when Eircom's DNS was hacked and I changed to openDNS.
    I agree, it's not frequent, certainly not going to make me change provider. Now if UPC come to the town I'll switch to them, but for now with Vodafone I get constant speeds of 8MB throughout the day and very happy with that.

• Advertisement

Net1 wrote: »
    The last big DSL outage in Dundalk was on 10th November 2010, where most but not all bitstream customers were offline for 36 hours
    Well I certainly was not involved in that outage (located within town limits) and even at that your use of the word 'frequent' seems a bit liberal if the last major issue was over 5 months ago. Screams of vulturism on your behalf.

Advertisement