Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Team Fortress 2 problems

Options
  • 19-04-2011 1:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭

Hi, I bought TF2 on saturday but when it downloaded and installed it wouldn't launch. It would just say "Preparing to Launch Team Fortress 2" and then nothing would happen. I've tried redownloading it 3 times, i've tried updating my Mac, i've tried updating Steam, i've tried to verify the game files but nothing happened, i've tried defragmenting the games files but again it doesn't finish, i've tried some stuff off of the Valve support website but none of it worked. It's really annoying me so can anyone shed some light as to what else i can try?

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Wing126 wrote: »
    Hi, I bought TF2 on saturday but when it downloaded and installed it wouldn't launch. It would just say "Preparing to Launch Team Fortress 2" and then nothing would happen. I've tried redownloading it 3 times, i've tried updating my Mac, i've tried updating Steam, i've tried to verify the game files but nothing happened, i've tried defragmenting the games files but again it doesn't finish, i've tried some stuff off of the Valve support website but none of it worked. It's really annoying me so can anyone shed some light as to what else i can try?

I haven't played it in ages but I noticed a large update just downloaded on my PC within the last hour (189 MB), checking the TF2 forum on steam out of curiousity, it appears the previous update caused alot of problems. Not sure if a Mac patch has been pushed out yet (or sure that it is the cause of your problem but it may well be).

Edit: Seems the Mac version won't launch for quite a few users.

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1845644

• Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

Actually a Steam client update was released very recently which solved that issue stopping Mac users from launching TF2.

http://store.steampowered.com/news/5322/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

marco_polo wrote: »
    I haven't played it in ages but I noticed a large update just downloaded on my PC within the last hour (189 MB), checking the TF2 forum on steam out of curiousity, it appears the previous update caused alot of problems. Not sure if a Mac patch has been pushed out yet (or sure that it is the cause of your problem but it may well be).
    Yeah, i checked the steam forums myself but nothing has worked for me. I just sent in a support ticket to Valve so hopefully i'll get an answer from them. I'm still curious as to whether people have any fixes i can try in the meantime though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

TheChrisD wrote: »
    Actually a Steam client update was released very recently which solved that issue stopping Mac users from launching TF2.

http://store.steampowered.com/news/5322/

That must have just been released as i'm only being forced to update Steam now. Hopefully this will work.
    Thanks!

Edit: No, unfortunately it still isn't working.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,319 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

they just forced a game integrity check on my system for teamfortress files, so something must be odd. My guess is Portal 2, sharing source engine files, is not getting along with its siblings. they also pushed a CSS update a couple hours ago and I just got another portal 2 patch a moment ago. and they just pushed a TF2 update... @_@ yeha, blame Portal 2.

• Advertisement
Advertisement