Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Competition Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I'm delighted I won it because I'm absolutely broke after buying a Virtual Boy and dying for the game :)

Virtual boy :P

640bb_1239883733_Angry_Video_Game_Nerd.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

We are running a few competitions right now on Bone-idle.ie

Ubisoft have given us Child of Eden and that comp is still running for the moment, finishes this weekend

Next week we have been given by EA a copy of Alice the Madness returns and a copy of Shadows of the Damned to give away.

www.Bone-idle.ie
    http://www.facebook.com/BoneIdleGaming
    I was a winner of Alice, thanks again! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,854 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

zero19 wrote: »
    I was a winner of Alice, thanks again! :)

I posted it this evening so it should be with you by the weekend. :)

Spreading lots of happy through the interwebs today !

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,351 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Virtual boy :P

640bb_1239883733_Angry_Video_Game_Nerd.gif

I was the same until I got a go of one. Screenshots don't do it justice. The 3D effect is amazing and it's a piece of gaming history that you can't experience unless you have experienced it.

I was the same until I got a go of one. Screenshots don't do it justice. The 3D effect is amazing and it's a piece of gaming history that you can't experience unless you have experienced it.

Never had hands on experience with it , i just listen to james rolfe with those sort of things considering he reviews games and old tech i wasant born when they were out :pac::pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,351 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

The virtual boy episode was great :) If you ever do get the chance to try out a VB then you should take it though, it's not often you get to try one out and it's a unique gaming experience. It's not going to change your life but I found it very interesting!

The virtual boy episode was great :) If you ever do get the chance to try out a VB then you should take it though, it's not often you get to try one out and it's a unique gaming experience. It's not going to change your life but I found it very interesting!

Will do , suppose it was revoultionary back in the day ,

It's more like a crazy prototype that really should never have seen the light of day but somehow did :)

It's more like a crazy prototype that really should never have seen the light of day but somehow did :)

Hahaha

Ok one for the kids this time. If you have any small children or nieces or nephews that are into Harry Potter then check this out.

http://www.facebook.com/BoneIdleGaming

I want any kids to draw or paint a picture about either Harry or Bone-idle, then take a photo of the picture submit them to the site and the best one will be judged.

Prizes Harry Potter and the deathly hollows part 2 on Wii and NDS.

• Advertisement

Another competition launching today. It's to win a guest slot on Bone-idle as a reviewer. Review can be on any game or film they want. Reviews should be kept short around 200-300 words.2 categories on offer more info here

http://www.facebook.com/BoneIdleGaming?sk=app_7146470109

Edit forgot to mention the winning reviewer along with the guest slot will be furnished with a game or a movie to review for the site as is standard with all our full time staff.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Another competition launching today. It's to win a guest slot on Bone-idle as a reviewer. Review can be on any game or film they want. Reviews should be kept short around 200-300 words.2 categories on offer more info here

http://www.facebook.com/BoneIdleGaming?sk=app_7146470109

Edit forgot to mention the winning reviewer along with the guest slot will be furnished with a game or a movie to review for the site as is standard with all our full time staff.

Sent...

I await my prize :pac:

First 3 reviews are in and available to read/vote on. If you want to enter please do. The winner gets a film or game to keep as well as the glory of having your review appear on Bone-idle
    http://www.facebook.com/BoneIdleGaming?sk=wall

Also no one has entered the Harry Potter competition at all, easy pickings there for anyone that wants a free game, i can't believe how difficult it is to give people free games !!
    http://www.facebook.com/BoneIdleGaming?sk=app_14167664298

Will also have a comp for Call of Juarez The Cartel next week or there abouts.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

Just submitted a review for World of Tanks.

I gots ta win!

:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,434 ✭✭✭RedXIV

First 3 reviews are in and available to read/vote on. If you want to enter please do. The winner gets a film or game to keep as well as the glory of having your review appear on Bone-idle
    http://www.facebook.com/BoneIdleGaming?sk=wall

Also no one has entered the Harry Potter competition at all, easy pickings there for anyone that wants a free game, i can't believe how difficult it is to give people free games !!
    http://www.facebook.com/BoneIdleGaming?sk=app_14167664298

Will also have a comp for Call of Juarez The Cartel next week or there abouts.

Have 6yr old, 3yr old and 1yr old working on Harry potter one as we speak :)

RedXIV wrote: »
    Have 6yr old, 3yr old and 1yr old working on Harry potter one as we speak :)

Good stuff ill have a look see if i can put together 3 prizes so none of them feel left out. Can't have 2 prizes for 3 kids it would create a war ;)

Good stuff ill have a look see if i can put together 3 prizes so none of them feel left out. Can't have 2 prizes for 3 kids it would create a war ;)

Sent the first two in a box, the 1yr old gets great mileage out of boxes :)

Have sent you a PvZ review as well. Took the piss a bit but was bored in work so decided to have a laugh :)

These came this morning, eldest wasn't feeling the best since last night but his morning was made when he saw his pics online after getting games in the post. Thanks a mill for this, really made the kids day!

Delighted for them :D

New competition on the go now Call of Juarez the Cartel on both PS3 and Xbox360. Just follow the facebook link in my sig. (Blue Link)

I also have a very cool item from Sony but not sure if there is interest in it, its the GT5 press kit, Big shiny black metal box with a key ring and a book. Its the very same as the ones we would have gotten here at Bone-idle towers for reviewing GT5 last year.

Only problem is they have no disks included so not sure what to do with it or if that's an acceptable prize. It would be perfect for some one who has the game already and wants the box and could stick the disk in it as they are highly collectable.

Ill see what the interest is like as they would cost a lot to post them.

below is an unboxing vid of the kit to show it off remember it does not include either of the two disks shown in the vid.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,997 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Delighted for them :D

New competition on the go now Call of Juarez the Cartel on both PS3 and Xbox360. Just follow the facebook link in my sig. (Blue Link)

I also have a very cool item from Sony but not sure if there is interest in it, its the GT5 press kit, Big shiny black metal box with a key ring and a book. Its the very same as the ones we would have gotten here at Bone-idle towers for reviewing GT5 last year.

Only problem is they have no disks included so not sure what to do with it or if that's an acceptable prize. It would be perfect for some one who has the game already and wants the box and could stick the disk in it as they are highly collectable.

Ill see what the interest is like as they would cost a lot to post them.

below is an unboxing vid of the kit to show it off remember it does not include either of the two disks shown in the vid.

Ah, huge interest!!! If you're not going to put it in a competition i'll gladly take it! :D I reckon there will be interest in it, a great collectors item!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

that kit looks very nice indeed id love it, if your giving it away, im a big GT5 fan.

Any news on the guest reviewer competition grumpy, i sent in the dead space review :D

tonydude wrote: »
    that kit looks very nice indeed id love it, if your giving it away, im a big GT5 fan.

Any news on the guest reviewer competition grumpy, i sent in the dead space review :D

Only just back from a weeks hols so will need time to run through it, the reviews are on the page now for people to vote on their favorites will prob close it this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

That GT5 press kit looks great, any fan of the series would love it

• Registered Users Posts: 29,829 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Jericho.

Great thread. I must start entering these things.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

So is the GT5 kit going to be a comp or not? Would love to pick one up. Was even considering buying the Ultimate Edition of the game when it came out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

It'd be great if i won that Xbox. My old one RROD'd a few weeks ago.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

sheehy83 wrote: »

"Great competitions" is understating it somewhat!!!!! They are all fantastic prizes , and props for the lack of hoops that need to be jumped through to enter!!!!!!!!

/Crosses fingers

• Registered Users Posts: 29,829 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Calex, cmon now, they aren't that great. In fact, I would say they are pretty poor prizes and no one else should enter as a protest!

I really really want that Dodge Challenger!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Calex, cmon now, they aren't that great. In fact, I would say they are pretty poor prizes and no one else should enter as a protest!

I really really want that Dodge Challenger!
    And they are only open to ROI residents, even better again! :D Would really love the Headset. :P

Advertisement