Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New MMA Gym, Glasnevin

2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭Barry.Oglesby

First roll in the new place with some of the guys! It was in my jeans and a tee but who gives a damn we're in!

Looks like for once the builders are on schedule so we'll be opening on Wednesday as planned. Hope to see some new faces there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 221 ✭✭daveyc21

Sorry to see IP close Barry must pop into the new place when I can get a second free and your more than welcome to check out Ironside at any stage. Can't believe I still havent met you in real life considering how long ago the teamtest days were. Best of luck with the new venture.

Thanks Dave, might see you soon.

Well the opening day is here and as is my way I'm going to be running around doing last minute things to make sure the gym can open today. Luckily I have some help.

The builders are still in completing the showers/dressing rooms/reception area but the training area is 100% ready to go, in fact my fighters trained there yesterday. Roll on tonight and beginner BJJ at 7pm!

New website is up and running here www.kyuzogym.com

Thanks everyone for the kind messages of support in the last few weeks and for those who allowed me and my guys to use their gyms and facilities, most notably Andy Ryan and Team Ryano and Mick Burke and Performance Martial Arts, and for the kind offers of training from Coolmine and Rush which we didn't have a chance to take up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭Tim_Murphy

Fair play Barry. Moving gyms is stressful at the best of times as I'm learning.

It's a bit like moving house Tim. You pack everything up, there's more of it than you think then you can't find anything when you move because it's all sitting on boxes. Ah no it's great fun really. I can't complain too much. Stress yes but a lot of excitement at seeing something you're building come together, a bit like Lego.

The first session was great tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Monkey_Pirate

Had my second session in the new gym last night and was seriously shown how its done by a bunch of pros :) Gym looks great and I'll haul my unfit self down again tonight for another can of whoop-ass... here's hoping I survive!

Had my second session in the new gym last night and was seriously shown how its done by a bunch of pros :) Gym looks great and I'll haul my unfit self down again tonight for another can of whoop-ass... here's hoping I survive!

When the fridge arrives those cans will be cold... :D

Only a week old and the timetable is already out of date :). There's now open BJJ training at 11am-1pm Mon-Thurs. There's usually a couple down every day. Ideal for shiftworkers, students, public servants, those on the scratcher, or those with legitimate time off work.

Advertisement