Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First house

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,727 ✭✭✭✭Godge

Moneytalks wrote: »
    We were originally going to buy our own council house and then we thought why don't we buy a house in Wexford we can live in during the summer as our rent is so cheap we could afford the 600 mortgage and 160 would nobody else do it if they could.

In other words, why don't we keep sponging off the taxpayer while we do something else for ourselves. Where are your morals?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,394 ✭✭✭Ray Palmer

In fairness they are cheating the system not just playing it to their advantage. There is no way their rent should be so low on the information given. Something is not being declared correctly either here or to the council.

They can and do prosecute people for such things and by all means OP buy the house they will be able to take it off you once they discover what I am pretty sure is fraud. Net income is most certainly considered and just because your partner is a carer does not exempt her income from rent calculations.

It is possible you think that because the income comes from the state they are aware of it but different departments do not exchange all information. You signed an agreement to declare income in order to get the rental agreement which strictly warns that it is fraud to not declare all household income.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭SteoL

Ray Palmer wrote: »
    In fairness they are cheating the system not just playing it to their advantage. There is no way their rent should be so low on the information given. Something is not being declared correctly either here or to the council.

They can and do prosecute people for such things and by all means OP buy the house they will be able to take it off you once they discover what I am pretty sure is fraud. Net income is most certainly considered and just because your partner is a carer does not exempt her income from rent calculations.

It is possible you think that because the income comes from the state they are aware of it but different departments do not exchange all information. You signed an agreement to declare income in order to get the rental agreement which strictly warns that it is fraud to not declare all household income.

I agree 100%. Nice post Ray.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 blackwolf

Being a carer does exempt her from rent...bunch of fools

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭SteoL

blackwolf wrote: »
    Being a carer does exempt her from tax...bunch of fools

A SYFMY HCY

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭Grolschevik

SteoL wrote: »
    A SYFMY HCY

What?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

Assuming its not a troll, then I would bet that the OP isn't registered as living with his girlfriend and that the rent is assessed on her income alone.

Being a carer does exempt her from tax...bunch of fools
    Who said it exempt her from tax? I certainly didn't but you quoted me:rolleyes:

Who said it exempt her from tax? I certainly didn't but you quoted me:rolleyes:

Net income is most certainly considered and just because your partner is a carer does not exempt her income from rent calculations

Net income is most certainly considered and just because your partner is a carer does not exempt her income from rent calculations
    That has nothing to do with tax it refers to what the OP said about her income being exempt from the rental calculation from the council

• Advertisement

That has nothing to do with tax it refers to what the OP said about her income being exempt from the rental calculation from the council

I seen that i wrote tax instead of rent:) but she is exempt from rent

• Registered Users Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭Kimia

I smell 2 OPs.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,466 ✭✭✭Snakeblood

Kimia wrote: »
    I smell 2 OPs.

It's the impeccable grammar.

Cagney and Lacey now are we

I seen that i wrote tax instead of rent:) but she is exempt from rent
    Not if they are a couple. The net household income is considered for rent calculations. It is cheating the system by not declaring their relationship and pretending she is a live in carer.

Without all the details neither of us can be sure what the scam is or isn't but it is not a full declaration. Net income of the household is considered nothing changes that

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭afkasurfjunkie

buy your council house op. then when you are paying back a 600 a month mortgage you can live in the real world with the rest of us.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭D1stant

The ebb and flow here is funny. Doesnt matter if the OP is a troll - the responses have been very revealing

'your a disgrace' because you have a cushy number and WE the taxpayer have to foot the blah de blah

and

'I pay way more than that' :-(

to

'WHAT? 35k - I'm off to social'

Morals have a half life of 4 minutes when there's a buck to be made. Still

Rock on OP. Send us pics from the villa

D1stant wrote: »
    The ebb and flow here is funny. Doesnt matter if the OP is a troll - the responses have been very revealing

'your a disgrace' because you have a cushy number and WE the taxpayer have to foot the blah de blah
    It isn't a just cushy it is fraud big difference. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭magneticimpulse

OP, if you are pulling a fast one with the council/tax payer and have fixed your numbers. I would not be on here telling the world about buying a holiday home when you have a council house!

Reason is, your IP address on your computer can pin point your exact location!! Should someone wanted to check you out, they could do so easily.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Moneytalks

OP, if you are pulling a fast one with the council/tax payer and have fixed your numbers. I would not be on here telling the world about buying a holiday home when you have a council house!

Reason is, your IP address on your computer can pin point your exact location!! Should someone wanted to check you out, they could do so easily.

Get a life cant believe this is so hard to imagine is it so hard to understand I earn 400 euro a week and my gf 1200 per month inc childrens allowance

Ive nothing to hide ive only recently re-evaluated my income with the council

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭magneticimpulse

Moneytalks wrote: »
    Get a life cant believe this is so hard to imagine is it so hard to understand I earn 400 euro a week and my gf 1200 per month inc childrens allowance

Ive nothing to hide ive only recently re-evaluated my income with the council

Really well yes it is hard to believe you have a combined income of 2800 euro with childrens allowance on top and you only pay 160 euro to the council. Why would any council want to charge people so little for rent when they earn 2800 a month?

Advertisement