Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Live Radio or Podcasts?

• 19-04-2011 9:42am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,456 ✭✭✭✭

So what do people find themselves listening to more these days?

The only live radio I listen to is in the car, and I normally listen into News at 1 and/or Liveline (for teh lulz).

However, I do listen to the History Show from RTE, Pat Kenny, Talking History (Newstalk) & the Late Debate, all on Podcasts. Which got me a-thinking. Are people listening to more podcasts/recorded shows, or live? Is there a fundamental difference? Do the folks here think that you miss out on something if you listen to the show after the fact?

What say ye?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

I listen to podcasts or music on my mp3 player.

I recently got a new car with no link for the mp3 player on the radio, but I'm working on that.

The only live radio I really listen to would be football, or when I'm making a short drive to the shop, or when the mrs is in the car and she doesn't like the podcasts or my music tastes. Oh, and when I'm falling asleep, I stick on Tony Livesy on 5 Live.

For the most part in work it's podcasts, for maybe 4 of the 8 hours I'm working, the rest of the time I'd be talking to colleagues, I'm subscribed to about 30 podcasts. A lot of football ones (Guardian, The Times, Skysports, BBC, Back Page Football, Newstalk), human interest ones like This American Life and Radiolab, BBC 4 Friday Night Comedy, some history ones too, and some other random stuff to keep me going.

Miss out on anything? Not a bit of it, in fact, I find it better to be able to listen at my leisure to recorded shows, means I miss nothing and don't have ad breaks. It's great!

Advertisement