Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

justeat.ie

Options
  • 19-04-2011 9:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭

On saturday April 9th while visiting my hometown of Limerick and staying with my parents for the weekend my pregnant partner decided she wanted Pizza so i suggested she look at justeat.ie to see what she would like and we'd order that.

She created a new account for my parents address and decided on Apache Pizza and the order came to 17 euro paid for it with laser.

After over an hour there was no sign of the pizza(we waited an hour as it was saturday night) so my partner called and she was told they couldn't read the address properly as there was something wrong with their system.

Would we like the order delivered now she was asked but it was late and she was tired so she decided no thanks. So she asked for a refund which they said they would provide along with an apology and a voucher as way of an apology.

10 days later and after several phone calls later and emails we still haven't received a refund never mind the voucher(not that we want it now)

In my experience i would advice people to pay cash on delivery if they have the cash on them.

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Contact JustEat and let them know.

Hope you get some satisfaction. We usually only order from the Villa through them, who are great.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Das Kitty wrote: »
    Contact JustEat and let them know.

Hope you get some satisfaction. We usually only order from the Villa through them, who are great.
    Sorry Das Kitty, i should have specified that we've been in contact with both Apache and justeat and they both seem to be passing the buck.
    I get the impression they hope we just leave it.
    In fact justeat seemed to not know anything about it on saturday gone despite several phone calls to them before that.
    All names of people we were talking to were taken along with times of phone calls.
    Alot of trouble for 17 euro.
    I've used justeat in Galway several times and apart from 1 minor problem i was quite happy

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

Less of the passing the buck. When it came to you entering your payment details, was it on the justeat website or where you directed to the Apache site for payment? I've never used justeat so I don't know the format.

If it was justeat, ONLY deal with them. THEY have to refund you.

On a side, I now ONLY use [for pizza] Dominos online ordering. Cuts out all the hassle and never had a problem with it. Have used it about 10 times now and It's the bizz. You can even see the status of your order [prep, cook, QA :), Delivery etc]

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭CS Hasuki

I use them to order online for pizza hut. I noticed last week or two online seemed a little ropey. Think they are having some technical issue.

Paid online, tried to charge me when delivered. Said no, paid online. Pizza Hot called me 30mins later looking for payment.
    Again told them I paid online. They said they would look into it and call back if problem.
    I was thinking, I could care less, money left my card.

Only problem I have ever had, generally they seem fine.

RangeR wrote: »
    Less of the passing the buck. When it came to you entering your payment details, was it on the justeat website or where you directed to the Apache site for payment? I've never used justeat so I don't know the format.

If it was justeat, ONLY deal with them. THEY have to refund you.

On a side, I now ONLY use [for pizza] Dominos online ordering. Cuts out all the hassle and never had a problem with it. Have used it about 10 times now and It's the bizz. You can even see the status of your order [prep, cook, QA :), Delivery etc]
    You pay through the justeat website and they charge 50 cent for the privilage

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

We have used them loads but did have a few problem with the special offers they run like, 20% off etc. If you don't pay online the delivery guy asks for the full amount. Its only cause they are o nice that they just accept what you say and take it up with just -eat.

They have asked for payment a good few times when apyment has already been made but are fine when you say you've paid even though you can't give them proof you have paid.

Once we ordered and after no sign of food after 40 mins we called the take away who had no idea we had ordered, but they had the food to us in 15mins at a discount.

In saying that the last time we used the was just after x-mass so not sure of recent problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭cute_cow

amiable wrote: »

After over an hour there was no sign of the pizza(we waited an hour as it was saturday night) so my partner called and she was told they couldn't read the address properly as there was something wrong with their system.

I had the same issue with Justeat.ie. Same as yourself, we ordered a takeaway from a place in Clongirffen. Over an hour later called the takeaway and said, they had received part of the order as their way an issue with their system. Asked the takeaway to cancel the order, which they did.

Called JustEat.ie and explained the situation, and said I had cancelled with the takeaway, and could they refund my visa card. The first person I contacted said they wud ring the takeaway to confirm, as I suppose is the norm and asked if I minded being put on hold, which I didn't, but after 5 mins they hung up on me.

Called again and same deal, different person, called the takeaway and said it would be delivered within 20 mins. I asked for the the whole transaction to be cancelled and to be refunded. about 70 mins had ow passed.

So eventually got through to a manager and she said the refund the total amount, inc the credit card fee, and within 7 working days, it was back in my account. In saying that, would never use them again, the customer service wasn't great, and after seeing someone else told the same thing, I def won't!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭Cactus Colm

Haven't used justeat.ie in several months, just because I dont' get takeaways too much. Found though when I signed into my account the delivery address wouldn't go across to the takeaway restaurant, generally they wouldn't accept the order.

I could only use it by logging out of my account and putting in the details normally. Never paid over just-eat .. only to the delivery chap.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,405 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Deju vu...read this thread earlier but only now do I remember having a similar issue with "just eat" in limerick, about a year and a half ago.

Placed a large order through their site, forgot to add something so gave them a call quickly after the transaction went through to add the missing item - to be paid COD as a card payment for so little seemed pointless - Thank goodness I did call as they had no record of the order we had placed minutes earlier other than the charge itself.

They were very apologetic and comp'd the extra missing item once we'd sorted out the order over the phone, but if I hadn't called we would have gone hungry that night - oh the drama!

Just to let people know. An email has been received from Justeat stating the money has been refunded and should be back in the account in 3/5 days.

They also sent a 20euro voucher for justeat too:)
    It shouldn't have taken this long but at least it seems to be sorted now.

I do wish they'd realise how angry a heavily pregnant woman can get get when hungry;)

Thanks for all the replies

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

amiable wrote: »
    You pay through the justeat website and they charge 50 cent for the privilage
    TBH, threaten them with Small Claims Court if it happens again. Glad you got sorted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭tommy21

Amazing what some bad press can do ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

If you ever have a problem again, you should contact them on their facebook page, very quick to resolve issues as they are posted there. Same with Domino's facebook page I've noticed.

Never had a problem with them.
    We have used them loads but did have a few problem with the special offers they run like, 20% off etc. If you don't pay online the delivery guy asks for the full amount. Its only cause they are o nice that they just accept what you say and take it up with just -eat.

The discounts only apply if you pay with card, they don't apply to cash on delivery payments and if they offer a code through Facebook or their blog they do mention it's card orders only...

January wrote: »

The discounts only apply if you pay with card, they don't apply to cash on delivery payments and if they offer a code through Facebook or their blog they do mention it's card orders only...
    We've ordered with a discount a couple of times and paid cash on delivery no problem

Weird, anytime I try to apply a discount code and then checkout with Cash on Delivery it bounces me back to payment option page... will have to try it again...

January wrote: »
    Weird, anytime I try to apply a discount code and then checkout with Cash on Delivery it bounces me back to payment option page... will have to try it again...
    We've done it twice and it worked:)
    Anyway my other half is already planning Indian Curry this weekend with her voucher:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I got something from Just Eat months ago, and the order was accepted, everything grand, except...waited, and waited, and in the end it turned out the restaurant was closed even though it was listed as open on JustEat. Had to order elsewhere, which turned out fine, and JustEat said they'd refund the amount of the first order to my card - didn't happen, been onto them a few times now but it never gets sorted. Wonder should I just direct a letter somewhere...it was about 20 euro, so not the end of the world, but still enough to be annoyed over it's loss due to their error...

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

JustEat said they'd refund the amount of the first order to my card - didn't happen, been onto them a few times now but it never gets sorted.
    If done with a credit card, do a charge-back.

I got something from Just Eat months ago, and the order was accepted, everything grand, except...waited, and waited, and in the end it turned out the restaurant was closed even though it was listed as open on JustEat. Had to order elsewhere, which turned out fine, and JustEat said they'd refund the amount of the first order to my card - didn't happen, been onto them a few times now but it never gets sorted. Wonder should I just direct a letter somewhere...it was about 20 euro, so not the end of the world, but still enough to be annoyed over it's loss due to their error...
    Insist on speaking to a manager and also write a strongly worded email.
    Its only 20 euro as you say but its your 20euro and they have no right to withold it.

Seriously, facebook, you'll be sorted by the end of the day...

http://www.facebook.com/JustEatIreland

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭kc66

Just want to say, I have used the site many times without issue. There was a small problem one time where the restaurant was closed and I got a €10 voucher by way of apology. Its a great site. Makes a bit too easy to order rubbish food though!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement