Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does anyone else have problems getting statements from MBNA?

Options
  • 19-04-2011 10:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭

I have an MBNA credit card for emergency use - being self employed, it's handy to have access to a few k in case I need it, as applying for a loan when working for yourself couldn't be any harder.

Lately, I'm just not getting statements from them. I'll buy something, and I know MBNA being the hyper sensitive crowd they are, that there should be a statement out within a day of making the purchase, they're that eager to get their money. None of which I have a problem with. But for the last year, I've just not been getting statements for about 3 weeks after a purchase, and when I do, it's a second statement with a fee for missed payments.

I know some clogs will say 'But if you buy something, you should know there's a payment due' - of course I do, but I'd like to know *how much* the payment is for, which is why I wait for a statement, and then get hit for the late fees which I shouldn't be getting hit for.

The odd thing is every time I dispute the late fee, they credit it, which leads me to think they're just trying this on to make more money. Is this happening to anyone else?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Evonatron

Yes I was in a smiliar situation myself with them, but that I was getting a missed payments letter the same time I was getting my statement like they were posted at the same time.

I signed up for online statements which is great, you get an email as soon as you have a statement, you can then pay for it online also so its handy to keep an eye on your spending. You can view all previous statements as well.

HTH

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

I'm signed up for online statements too, as well as postal, but I don't get either before I get a late payment statement. Glad to hear someone else is having the same issue. Wonder how widespread it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭physioman

anyone else having problems logging into mbna website? can't acess my details. Page keeps freezing.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 photonirvana

I'll buy something, and I know MBNA [...] that there should be a statement out within a day of making the purchase

A statement for each purchase? MBNA (like all the other credit card companies) usually send out one statement per month.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

You'd think so, but the secret Ninja strikeforce of MBNA seem to wait if you haven't used the card in a while until you make a purchase, and then 'issue' a statement within a day of that purchase which you never get. My Bank of Ireland personal and business credit cards wait until a month or so after the purchase, but not MBNA.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭broker2008

I just checked over my statements for the past number of years where I had purchases and where I hadnt used card in a couple of months, always the statement was issued 21/22/23rd of the month without exception.

Advertisement