Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airplay devices

Options
  • 19-04-2011 10:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hello Everyone.

I was wondering, I would like to get some airplay enabled speakers, but am not quite sure that u can get any of them now. What would be better? Get an aiport express and hook up normal speakers to it or get apple tv and connect it to the tv? Any other solutions that I dont know about?

Thanks,

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Alancirl

Generally wireless speakers are quite expensive.
    Got myself a refurbished airport express on Apple store (€65) - perfect and no issues and you get a 1 year warranty with it.
    Then got a good cheap set of speakers (€100).

Also, have an Apple TV and it works really well with it so you can play music on your apple TV through your surround sound (or TV) in one room and have your speakers hooked up to the Airport express in the other room.

You can also use your iTunes on your PC (or Mac) and play through airport express which is pretty cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 klayman

Alancirl wrote: »
    Generally wireless speakers are quite expensive.
    Got myself a refurbished airport express on Apple store (€65) - perfect and no issues and you get a 1 year warranty with it.
    Then got a good cheap set of speakers (€100).

Also, have an Apple TV and it works really well with it so you can play music on your apple TV through your surround sound (or TV) in one room and have your speakers hooked up to the Airport express in the other room.

You can also use your iTunes on your PC (or Mac) and play through airport express which is pretty cool.

Yeah thats what I was thinking just play the whole library from different devices (mac, iphone, ipad) to proper speakers. Dont have proper tv yet :) so i guess best solution would be airport with speakers :/ have to check those refurbished airport express stations :)
    Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭The Big Gig

• Registered Users Posts: 10 klayman

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Alancirl

Yeah - iPhone or iPod Touch works really well as wireless remote also & the TuneIn Radio app will provide internet radio too.

Happy shopping!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭tigershould

hi, i'm looking to upgrade my bog standard sony home stereo...

i have an iphone and all my music is stored on a hard drive connected to my laptop which is always on home wifi. i often use the Remote app to control whats playing from my laptop (through a jack plug into my stereo).

i really want to get some "wire-less" speakers and / or amp.

can any one suggest the best options?

Advertisement