Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rugby 2011 Video Games

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭KELTICKNIGHTT

Hagz wrote: »

the game paly looks way smoother than wc game 11,think ill hold out for rc,no point in buying 2 game if one is crap

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭Hagz

The thing I don't like the look of, is the offloading. I'm not going to be offloading every time I go into contact, so it wont bother me when I have the ball, but judging from that video, the other team offloads nearly constantly. It makes things look stupid when a guy flings an offload the length of half the pitch.

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭Brendan97

i dont like the way they offload all the time

Hagz wrote: »
    The thing I don't like the look of, is the offloading. I'm not going to be offloading every time I go into contact, so it wont bother me when I have the ball, but judging from that video, the other team offloads nearly constantly. It makes things look stupid when a guy flings an offload the length of half the pitch.

you talking about rc
    both games have there pros and cons,
    wc better graphics than 08 version ,fix few things but same game,looks like a revamp
    rc way better but not many licences with international teams etc
    be nice if there was a new game after world cup but i dont think so

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

Player likeness is MUCH better in rugby challenge than rwc.

Rugby challenge seems to have its flaws but it definitely looks like a step in the right direction due to the rucks, lineouts and set pieces.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

I love that in RWC 2011 you always see playing primarily from behind - the designers knew how off-the-pace their player likenesses where and they seem almost ashamed of them. O'Gara is a fine man from behind!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

Brendan97 wrote: »

AFAIK there's a 1-10 setting in the game for the allowance of offloads, 1 being very infrequent and 10 being very frequent. I reckon this user had the setting at 10.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,792 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Brendan97 wrote: »

AFAIK there's a 1-10 setting in the game for the allowance of offloads, 1 being very infrequent and 10 being very frequent. I reckon this user had the setting at 10.

that video has two human players playing so they were obviously very offload happy

rang smiths and gamestop about rc
    smiths have no date for release and gamestop have 23th sep
    :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,191 ✭✭✭kensutz

Nobody has a release date. Everyone is waiting for Tru Blu to come out with a distribution date.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

kensutz wrote: »
    Nobody has a release date. Everyone is waiting for Tru Blu to come out with a distribution date.

gotta love Tru Blu

It's not the definite release date! So many other websites have different dates.

had on gamestop last time as date of 29th but was changed too 23th by end of week

had on gamestop last time as date of 29th but was changed too 23th by end of week

we are not saying that isn't the date, it could well be, those are quite specific moves by gamestop... however we don't know for sure.. kk? :)

im watching the facebook and tweet of rc,
    hopefully in next week,be better date confirmed

im watching the facebook and tweet of rc,
    hopefully in next week,be better date confirmed

as a lot of us are :)

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Dr.Evil

Sorry, my first time in the thread and I haven't read the whole thing, but I'm wondering can you edit the ratings of the players in rugby challenge?

Appears the answer is yes through my googling :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭niallon

rang smiths and gamestop about rc
    smiths have no date for release and gamestop have 23th sep
    :rolleyes:

At the moment Smyths aren't carrying it at all. Sales of RWC may change that though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭B0X

We were hoping to announce a release date for Europe/UK/USA sometime this week but we have come up with a few unforeseen issues and unfortunately we now need to revise our plans. The new window for the expected release is now between the 23rd of September 2011 and 21st of October 2011.

My sincerest apology to all the fans, but all efforts and resources are in use to get this product to market as soon as possible.

Please be patient a little longer, once you play Rugby Challenge you will quickly forget the anguish of waiting.

Best regards,

Sebastian Giompaolo MD.

Feck! :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,868 ✭✭✭budhabob

B0X wrote: »
    Feck! :(

+1 Might have to but the RWC game now as thats WAY too long to wait.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,680 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

No wait is long enough to make me buy the WC game

damn it!!!

time to look at getting it in from the SH

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭gooch2k9

mystic86 wrote: »
    damn it!!!

time to look at getting it in from the SH

A boards bulk order. Hire our own container ship!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

Any idea what the delay is? Would they be making changes to the game or is it all to do with getting someone to distribute it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭B0X

shoutman wrote: »
    Any idea what the delay is? Would they be making changes to the game or is it all to do with getting someone to distribute it?

Sidhe are a tiny company and are publishing this with Tru Blu games, another tiny company. They've never really released a game on this scale before so I guess they have to build all the distribution contracts from the gound up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Conas

I bought Rugby World Cup 2011 for the Xbox360 last night. Played a few games of it, and it's good but nothing special. Played as Ireland of course in the Rugby World Cup mode and stumbled over the line against USA. haha. But guess what I beat Australia. Drico is just unreal on the game, give him the ball and he'll score a try.

I found it very easy to give away a penalty at the breakdown to be honest, and it's very hard enough to make a turnover. Good game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

B0X wrote: »
    Sidhe are a tiny company and are publishing this with Tru Blu games, another tiny company. They've never really released a game on this scale before so I guess they have to build all the distribution contracts from the gound up.

You'd think that the distribution companies would be searching them out to have the right to distribute the game. By all accounts its far superior to the official world cup game and every rugby fan would want it!

Definitely a case of getting it in from NZ. Can't wait any longer! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

Guys do we have any links for buying it from NZ?

Advertisement