Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rugby 2011 Video Games

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

Brendan97 wrote: »
    you type in rugby challenge into the browser, then go into the rugby challenge website and then forum is written in big letters at the top.
    I've seen you on that forum mystic86 i know everything

you fell for that bait perfectly, you could just do it yourself

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭Brendan97

mystic86 wrote: »
    you fell for that bait perfectly, you could just do it yourself
    but im not registered

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭KELTICKNIGHTT

hAVEN'T had time to play it much
    but
    Is rc good overall than wc
    for me
    It's a pity rc didn't get more licences for either 6 nations or rabbodirect

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Superbus

but im not registered

...you could always register, or something wild like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,762 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

hAVEN'T had time to play it much
    but
    Is rc good overall than wc
    for me
    It's a pity rc didn't get more licences for either 6 nations or rabbodirect

RC has the Rabo licences. All teams and all players, but only with last years squads and jerseys.

I reckon RC is a better game overall. Rugby 08 has everything that RWC has, and more, so I don't see the point in getting it. With the updates you can get for it Rugby 08 it's a better game. RC is generally better than either game, although it's not as good in certain areas.

• Advertisement

Superbus wrote: »
    ...you could always register, or something wild like that.
    to much bother for something im only going to use once or twice

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭HoggyRS

It'd be easier to find a shop selling the original jonah lomu game in Cork than it is to find one selling rugby challenge. GAME and Gamestop both have none left the last 2 weeks and was told they've no plans of getting more in. I'll have to go down the online route I reckon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,857 ✭✭✭Reloc8

I found one used in Gamestop Dublin yesterday.

Its grand but mebbe I need to tweak the sliders...sort of plays like a wierdish mix of rugby and freaky-skillful basketball.

Oh yeah, and John Hayes owns the field. Comes in at first receiver, makes 20 yards. Comes in at first receiver, throws a 20 yard skip off his left hand and nails it...

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭TheJims

i liked the game, but have played all i plan on playing of it, was planning on either leaving it in the pile or trading it in.. but if anyones having hassle picking up a copy for the Xbox360 pm me and we'll try sort something out!

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Darragh18

Hey i no im probably in the wrong thread but does anybody know where i could get the new rugby challenge game i live in limerick and roughly how much and what are the online features like in rugby challenge, compared to rwc

• Advertisement

Darragh18 wrote: »
    Hey i no im probably in the wrong thread but does anybody know where i could get the new rugby challenge game i live in limerick and roughly how much and what are the online features like in rugby challenge, compared to rwc
    gamestop or smyths
    gamestop- €45
    smyths- €55

you can play competitive online (with leaderboards & all teams attributes are level) or non competitive (no leaderboards & teams attributes are normal)
    you can play online team play with 4-v-4

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

gamestop or smyths
    gamestop- €45
    smyths- €55

you can play competitive online (with leaderboards & all teams attributes are level) or non competitive (no leaderboards & teams attributes are normal)
    you can play online team play with 4-v-4

Any idea how to join a league.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Has anybody been able to play Heineken Cup through career mode? Playing as Connacht and won it twice in a row.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

Christ but the offloads are annoying!!!
    Also what is it with the locks ALWAYS in the 10 channel, when you need to kick the ball clear?

Christ but the offloads are annoying!!!
    Also what is it with the locks ALWAYS in the 10 channel, when you need to kick the ball clear?

Whack the offload frequency right down in the Options and hit both left and right triggers to pass directly to your OH...this will go to inside centre if your OH isn't available.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭Mister Dread

My biggest problem is not offlaods but the accuracy of inside passes. They cut defenses completely open and whilst they can have the same affect in a real match they rarely are as accurate as an open pass.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

I wonder if this has sold enough to warrant a sequel?
    Or even some EA funds being directed towards a sequel?

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭circos

I wonder if this has sold enough to warrant a sequel?
    Or even some EA funds being directed towards a sequel?
    Cant see EA doing it with Sidhe.

I can see sidhe making a sequel though. Im sure its sold more than they anticipated seeing as they couldnt stock enough for demand!

circos wrote: »
    Cant see EA doing it with Sidhe.

I can see sidhe making a sequel though. Im sure its sold more than they anticipated seeing as they couldnt stock enough for demand!
    I'm not sure if its 50'000 or 500'000 or something similar but they said if they got that many they would make a sequel

• Registered Users Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭twinytwo

Any one interested in replaying the HC/PRO12 on the xbox???... pm me if u are and if we get enough people ill sort it.

Same fixtures as this year etc...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Has anyone had issues with Jonah Lomu Rugby Challenge freezing after matches?

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

Nope, hasn't happened for me ever. I play on a 360.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,611 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Sabre0001 wrote: »
    Has anyone had issues with Jonah Lomu Rugby Challenge freezing after matches?

Yeah, I'd find it more annoying if the matches weren't piss easy to win.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭Sanity_Saviour

Lads does anyone know where i can get a copy of jonah lomu in town? Had a look on hmv/gamestop no luck...more importantly is it worth getting?

If you can't get it in game/gamestop/hmv I think you are just going to have to get it off Amazon. It has got good replayability, the learning curve isn't too hard and it doesn't stay hard for long but its enjoyable. The hardest thing about it is when Leo Cullen is your first receiver every single time. There are definitely some faults that add character to it.

errlloyd wrote: »
    Yeah, I'd find it more annoying if the matches weren't piss easy to win.

If you muck around with the settings a bit - whack the defensive slider all the way up and the attacking slider down a bit - its grand. Also make sure you turn the offload frequency right down too.
    Lads does anyone know where i can get a copy of jonah lomu in town? Had a look on hmv/gamestop no luck...more importantly is it worth getting?

I've seen it in one or two Smyths shops so you could give them a shot? They def had it in Blanch just before Christmas anyway...

The amount of offloading is hilarious though. It makes me feel like SBW.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭andrewdcs

Teferi wrote: »
    The amount of offloading is hilarious though. It makes me feel like SBW.

You can tone this down a lot when playing the computer, or if you have people playing with you in your living room,

set the pass completion bar quite low, set defensive urgency up, set break tackle low and tackle ability high and whack offloads way way down and the game plays 100 times better.

Online none of these setting matter, so whacking pass pass pass will win games with decent teams (toulouse / nz for instance are unplayable). but a game becomes as good as you want it to be. have had some cracking matches online, if you can agree with opponent not to off load the hell out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭andrewdcs

Teferi wrote: »
    If you can't get it in game/gamestop/hmv I think you are just going to have to get it off Amazon. It has got good replayability, the learning curve isn't too hard and it doesn't stay hard for long but its enjoyable. The hardest thing about it is when Leo Cullen is your first receiver every single time. There are definitely some faults that add character to it.

main one is dont over commit to rucks (i.e. keep en eye on opponents commitment) you have so many more players to run lines off / makes a 10 man game in the wet much more realistic.

L1 and R1 together picks out a back, most often your 10. Locks/front row are often lurking around behind a second / further phase ball cos they didn't make it into the ruck fast enough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,982 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

Finally got it over Christmas and haven't really gotten the opportunity to play it properly until now.
    Does anybody have a screenshot of how they have the sliders? I've been messing around with it and turned everything down, still doesn't feel right though...
    Also not sure if this has been posted, but Roster and Jersey update for PS3

http://forums.sidhe.co.nz/showthread.php?46660-FULL-2011-12-ROSTER-UPDATE-DOWNLOAD-PS3-by-Mutterbox/page2

Haven't tried it out myself yet though

Advertisement