Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

looking 100gb+ MP3 player

• 19-04-2011 10:48am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭

hi
    my old ipod 80gb classic has died and im looking for a high capacity player the more the better, doesnt matter what make aslong as its portable

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,415 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Only the ipod classic is readily available over here, so that'd be the one to go for

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

Mactard wrote: »
    Only the ipod classic is readily available over here, so that'd be the one to go for

ya ive been looking for the 160gb version but they are like gold dust:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭JimsAlterEgo

cowon x7 is available in 120Gb and 160GB

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,415 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

cowon x7 is available in 120Gb and 160GB

The X7 is buggy as hell and quite huge...I wouldn't waste my money on it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

NTMK wrote: »
    ya ive been looking for the 160gb version but they are like gold dust:(

Any apple reseller should stock the classic 160gb.
    It's the latest generation classic. Slim 160gb.

I've seen them in HMV, PC World etc.

Or you could check out adverts.ie and pick one up there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

Mactard wrote: »
    The X7 is buggy as hell and quite huge...I wouldn't waste my money on it

I have it and I love it. I'm an itunes hater so it's perfect for me. All I want is a large HD that has fantastic sound. Cowon X7 ticks those boxes perfectly.
    Firmware seems to have fixed alot of the early bugs too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭JimsAlterEgo

I have it and I love it. I'm an itunes hater so it's perfect for me. All I want is a large HD that has fantastic sound. Cowon X7 ticks those boxes perfectly.
    Firmware seems to have fixed alot of the early bugs too.

where did you pick up? still pricy in most places.
    thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,841 ✭✭✭✭cormie

I have a 240gb Rockboxed MP3 Player. In the shell of an Ipod but the shell is the only iPod thing about it. I was thinking to make a thread about it when I got it ages ago but never got around to it. It really is the business, the worse thing about it is the fact it's in an iPod shell, I don't like the click wheel at all, battery could be better etc.

Damn, just had a check back over my history and found where I bought it.

www.ipodzens.com

but there's no sign of them being sold there anymore :(

It basically uses a Toshiba 240gb hard drive which I had been watching for about a year or more waiting on its release. Including delivery it cost me $325 which is absolutely nothing for what it is!

Maybe if you got in touch with them they could source it for you but I'm not sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

cormie wrote: »
    I have a 240gb Rockboxed MP3 Player. In the shell of an Ipod but the shell is the only iPod thing about it. I was thinking to make a thread about it when I got it ages ago but never got around to it. It really is the business, the worse thing about it is the fact it's in an iPod shell, I don't like the click wheel at all, battery could be better etc.

Damn, just had a check back over my history and found where I bought it.

www.ipodzens.com

but there's no sign of them being sold there anymore :(

It basically uses a Toshiba 240gb hard drive which I had been watching for about a year or more waiting on its release. Including delivery it cost me $325 which is absolutely nothing for what it is!

Maybe if you got in touch with them they could source it for you but I'm not sure.

You can get the drive on ebay. The toshiba MK2431GAH. I have one in my iaudio X5. really is sweet. Once you're drive takes zif 40 or you can get a converter to fit inside the player any player can take it. I use the rockbox firmware with it and the player is the best yet and pushing on a few years but it's still my baby.

That's the one alright, great to hear a few more are getting use from it. I remember the X5 being compatible too but the fact that the ipod was being sold pre-made with this thing in it and no messing about with connectors, opening it up etc, I went for the iPod option. I knew right away rockbox would be going on it the second I bought it anyway so it wasn't a big deal. Plus as far as I remember, I think it worked out around the same price to buy the 240GB ipod as it did to buy the HD itself so I jumped at it :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭54kroc

cormie wrote: »
    That's the one alright, great to hear a few more are getting use from it. I remember the X5 being compatible too but the fact that the ipod was being sold pre-made with this thing in it and no messing about with connectors, opening it up etc, I went for the iPod option. I knew right away rockbox would be going on it the second I bought it anyway so it wasn't a big deal. Plus as far as I remember, I think it worked out around the same price to buy the 240GB ipod as it did to buy the HD itself so I jumped at it :)

I wouldn't mind giving that a go myself, will any ipod classic do?

Nope, has to be an ipod video. 5.5 Gen as far as I remember?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

where did you pick up? still pricy in most places.
    thanks

I picked it up on Advancedmp3players.com
    http://www.advancedmp3players.co.uk/shop/MP3_Players.1/Cowon_iAudio.15/COWONX7-120GB-/Cowon_X7_120GB_Portable_Media_Player.4653.html

Free Denon headphones are still going I see.

I paid 250 all in
    with FEDEX delivery (2 days)

Just for reference here are two Cowon X7 forums:

iAudiophile.net - Disclaimer: I am involved in an admin capacity on that site

ABi.com

Both sites have criss crossing members so chances are you'll read similar threads on both.

Advertisement