Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

J1 Problem

Options
  • 19-04-2011 10:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I booked my J1 with USIT about 4 weeks ago. I paid €150 at the time and was told I had to pay the rest of my balance (another €900 or so) by April 20th. Having gone in to pay today, I am now told I have to pay another €100 because taxes on the flights have gone up. I was told there is nothing they can do. Is this normal? Will I have to accept the extra charge and pay?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭HungryJoey

I had the same problem unfortunetly. I missed my payment date, 20th april also, by 2 days (my fault) and the balance went up nearly 200 euro. I rang them and he adjusted the total balance to accomodate the "daily tax" rate and it brought it down 100 euro. I Had to pay it, I was late - my fault. Although I really doubt the price increase has anything to do with tax rates but more Usit taking the opertunity to squeeze an extra few cents out of me.

Advertisement