Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Broadband available in Balbriggan

• 19-04-2011 10:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭

Hi,
    I am looking to get Broadband installed in my house. I am living in Balbriggan. I do not want to get a Phone line in as I would never use it and we both have mobile phone contacts.

What I am looking for if anyone can help is the best value broadband providers that are available in the Balbriggan area.

Thanks
    Rob

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭Praetorian

Upc are in Balbriggan, but as far as I can tell they have cables to about 5 houses (maybe a few more) but it's certainly not widespread, and there doesn't appear to be any effort on their behalf to run new cable. Most likely you will have to get a phone line and get vodafone or eircom. The wireless alternatives are dreadful in my experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭robryan

Cheers for the reply Praetorian... Looks like I will try UPC and see if I am one of the 5 houses... If not I will try VF or Eircom..

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Cheese Princess

There's a company called Balbriggan Broadband, they have a website but no contact information on it and it doesn't tell you much except that it's wireless and pay as you go. Might be worth checking out if you can find their phone number!

I looked into it before when I was renting around there but ended up with nothing :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Vico1612

I'm with VF , when it works , it's ok enough ...
    Stay clear from Imagine !!! 2 friends down the road have it and it a big pile of sh1t

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Cheese Princess

Vico1612 wrote: »
    I'm with VF , when it works , it's ok enough ...
    Stay clear from Imagine !!! 2 friends down the road have it and it a big pile of sh1t

Is that the wimax they have or just dsl?

• Advertisement
Advertisement