Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

USIT

Options
  • 19-04-2011 11:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I booked my J1 with USIT about 4 weeks ago. I paid €150 at the time and was told I had to pay the rest of my balance (another €900 or so) by April 20th. Having gone in to pay today, I am now told I have to pay another €100 because taxes on the flights have gone up. I was told there is nothing they can do. Is this normal? Will I have to accept the extra charge and pay?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭maxer68

If its taxes, yes they can do this and its written in the T&Cs of most flights. Same when taxes go down, it gets refunded as many Aer Lingus customers who booked prior to last budget for flights after April 1st found out to their benefit.

I think UK taxes increased, so I assume your flight is via a UK airport.?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

No French.

Ah balls, right, grim and accept it so I suppose

can't find anything about french taxes, maybe its a fuel surcharge. - Might be worth asking.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

Yep it was fuel alright. Funnily enough the bill has gone to exactly €100 more, which makes me think that Usit are just rounding up whatever was added. I lost my contract thing I signed as well so have no idea if this was made clear to me beforehand. Thanks for your help

Unfortunately it seems right. €50 each way fuel surcharge on long haul flights.

• Advertisement
Advertisement