Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog breed identification - a journalist's guide

• 19-04-2011 11:57am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 654 ✭✭✭

5yLoT.png
    :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭EGAR

It would be funny if it wasn't so close to the truth. I've got a copy here of the picture guide the Galway Council handed out when they banned restricted breeds from council housing. I will find it and scan it in. I nearly peed myself...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Colibri

Would love to see it EGAR. And thanks for the fantastic job you're doing :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

If it bit a child: it's a pitbull.
    If it was off-leash and attacked your on-leash dog at the dog park, it's a pitbull.
    If you couldn't make it let go of what it had latched onto, it's a pitbull.
    If you were scared for your life because it was barking, it's a pitbull.
    If it had eyes that turned red before it attacked, oh that's definitely a pitbull.
    If it jumped up on you and wasn't in control by its owners, it's a pitbull.
    If it attacked your utility man, it's a pitbull.
    If it was being provoked by a bunch of teenaged louts and bit one of them, it's now a blooded pitbull that's beyond redemption and must be destroyed immediately.
    If it alerted you to the fact that your house was on fire, it's a golden retriever.
    If it chased away the man who tried to snatch your bag, it's a golden retriever.
    If it jumped into a river to rescue a drowning child, it's a golden retriever.
    If it was being provoked by a bunch of teenaged louts and bit one of them, it was obviously just distressed and who'd blame it for responding in that fashion, and there should be an entire internet campaign to excuse its behaviour and fight for rehabilitation instead of euthanasia - oh and by the way it's a golden retriever.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭Zapperzy

Haha funny but the sad truth is it's not too far from the truth. Oh EGAR do please scan and post that up when you get a chance! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

If it bit a child: it's a pitbull.
    If it was off-leash and attacked your on-leash dog at the dog park, it's a pitbull.
    If you couldn't make it let go of what it had latched onto, it's a pitbull.
    If you were scared for your life because it was barking, it's a pitbull.
    If it had eyes that turned red before it attacked, oh that's definitely a pitbull.
    If it jumped up on you and wasn't in control by its owners, it's a pitbull.
    If it attacked your utility man, it's a pitbull.
    If it was being provoked by a bunch of teenaged louts and bit one of them, it's now a blooded pitbull that's beyond redemption and must be destroyed immediately.
    If it alerted you to the fact that your house was on fire, it's a golden retriever.
    If it chased away the man who tried to snatch your bag, it's a golden retriever.
    If it jumped into a river to rescue a drowning child, it's a golden retriever.
    If it was being provoked by a bunch of teenaged louts and bit one of them, it was obviously just distressed and who'd blame it for responding in that fashion, and there should be an entire internet campaign to excuse its behaviour and fight for rehabilitation instead of euthanasia - oh and by the way it's a golden retriever.

LOL - I don't get that reaction with my GR - maybe they think he's a golden pit bull! :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement