Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Stargate Universe S02E17 Common Descent **Spoilers**

• 19-04-2011 12:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭

STARGATE_UNIVERSE_SGU_Common_Descent_Season_2_Episode_17_9_550x365.jpg

A colony of humans on an alien planet claim that they are the 2,000-year-old descendants of Destiny's crew.

thought it was pretty good imo. no development to the overall plot of the signal but interesting to find out what happened to the other Destiny crew.

What did you think of this episode? 35 votes

One to keep for the grandchildren
    0%
    Good
    40%
    Diddy KongBernsTheIrishGroverneilk32johnie89Bajingotoken56don ramoalan89-Trek-RolandIRLoff.the.wallsDwaegonSirenX 14 votes
    Meh
    51%
    BabyEaterSarnRichard DowerDingChavezRon DMCDingDong5starpoolphill106smellslikeshoesjohnnysmackConor108Manchotommy.obrdocdolittleTheKellshightower1Antar BolaeiskElohim 18 votes
    Bad
    5%
    D-GenerateSimi 2 votes
    I hate my future history
    2%
    Bogsnorkler 1 vote

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭crazyderk

Havn't watched it yet, will prob be tonight before I download it and watch, but I have a funny feeling this is gonna be like that episode from Star Trek Deep Space 9 where they find a planet of their ancestors and find that when they leave they get pulled back in time and crash land they're the ancestors and blah de blah blah......

Anyway we shall see what happens, but the ad for it looked good.

Does anyone know how many more episodes there are or what the plans to wrap up are going to be? will there be some sort of ending to the season? whether they abandon the mission or leave it as a we'll keep going, i'd at least like some closure, id hate for it just to end on a ****ty pointless episode

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

Meh
    Quite liked that episode wasn't amazing or anything but above average certainly. The quality of the episodes seem to be more consistent in the second half of this season.
    crazyderk wrote: »
    Does anyone know how many more episodes there are or what the plans to wrap up are going to be? will there be some sort of ending to the season? whether they abandon the mission or leave it as a we'll keep going, i'd at least like some closure, id hate for it just to end on a ****ty pointless episode

There is another 3 episodes left. There won't be any real closure at the end of the series since SGU was planned to last 5 seasons, not only that but it was also cancelled quite abruptly. With that in mind I'd be prepared to be disappointed and left wondering what might have been.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

Bad
    Doesn't take a genius to figure out the droids are part of the war..... now if only the ship had a few crew that had genius intellect....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭crazyderk

just watched, I thought it was a craicin episode! cant wait for next week now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,094 ✭✭✭Sarn

Meh
    Definitely more stargate like than usual. Nicely set up for next week. It's a shame that there are only a few more episodes left, as this planet could offer some badly needed upgrades to the ship and a few new crew members.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭docdolittle

Meh
    It's finally getting good and there are only 3 eps left :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

Meh
    Good episode, liked the space battle scenes. Destiny looked great, nice maneuvering shots and especially liked how she came out of FTL in the first few mins, its the first time I really remember her having any real speed in ether entering or exiting FTL.

The story was pretty interesting, good to see a bit of actual sci fi action set back in rather than fighting alien mountain lions or intergalactic lice :P
    Would be nice to see them keep the new faces aboard and really get Destiny up to some reasonable spec where she is a match for the threats she faces.... make her a bit of a galactic badass for a while at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 johnie89

Good
    On Wikipedia it says there's deffo not gona be a movie after season 2 so I've a feeling they're just gona leave it dead in the water :-/

This is pre-Serenity Firefly all over again :-/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,821 ✭✭✭phill106

Meh
    Wonder are the droids descended from their past selves?
    That would be interesting!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

It's finally getting good and there are only 3 eps left :(
    Agreed :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Redisle

Since the ship can't support that many people Im guessing those Stasis pods they conveniently introduced last week are going to come in handy. Either that or they find people living underground in that city? Doubtful though since there was no radio signals.

Actually like that decendants storyline, pretty cool.

I have a bad feeling the entire show could end with everyone in those Stasis pods in preparation for a Movie that is never going to be made. Pity it's ending, it's the one show I actually make sure I watch on the day every week.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭SirenX

Good
    I really thought this ep was the best one yet, very cool, a lot more stargate-y

I have a strong feeling from the start of the ep that
    Chloe is pregnant

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭Simi

Bad
    I groaned when they brought out the old "we're your decendants" bit. But they actually did a pretty good job of it!

Side stepping the whole "if we don't crash/get stranded here they'll never exist" dilemma by making them the decendants of the other ship, was a good idea if a bit of a cop out.

I really liked the back story of the warring factions and the civilisation in chaos, I just wish they had a few more episodes to develop this story arc.

I just hope these people are involved in the ending of the show somehow and that this wasn't just one completely unrelated diversion they wanted to fit in before the end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Volvagia

That was probably my favourite episode of the show so far.

I was a bit annoyed that they found a Settlement of the major colony at first. I thought it was just an excuse to have the scenes filmed in a forest instead of a CGI City. But I really like the way it worked out.

I can't wait to find out more about Novus.

The scene with the drones at the gate was a real throw back to early SG1 with the team shooting down some death gliders :)

Shame it's been killed, hopefully we'll get three more episodes of this quality.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭docdolittle

Meh
    Volvagia wrote: »
    Shame it's been killed, hopefully we'll get three more episodes of this quality.
    Speculation of how it's going to end:
    I'm gonna guess that we're going to end on a cliff hanger with some awesome weapon trying to be started up on a descendants planet while destiny is being attacked by drones and unable to jump. The descendants used the startgates, so the drones should have know their position as that's how they found destiny, they must of had a way to fend them off... But then again, they didn't know what they were when they flew above... hmmm...

So many possibilities.. :)

I really wish I could have put this post in a futura font to see who would of got it :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

Meh
    Ya know whats really gonna grind my gears..... never getting to find out about the plant builders.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

Meh
    hightower1 wrote: »
    Ya know whats really gonna grind my gears..... never getting to find out about the plant builders.

Mallozzi will be answering questions on his blog after the finale airs so maybe you'll still get your answer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Volvagia

Mallozzi will be answering questions on his blog after the finale airs so maybe you'll still get your answer.

Which is good, but not the same as seeing the final product.

Some closure is better than none i guess.

Advertisement