Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good Price On Gillette Power Fusion Blades (4 Pack)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭JayEnnis

Just on the topic of this, if you switch over to a DE razor then blades are ridiculously cheap (€3 for 5), you'll get a better shave and its good for the environment.

merkur-progress-razor-large.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭macman2010

do they cut the face off you?

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭PressTheButton

Thanks OP. Supermarket prices in Ireland for this type of razor are crazy. Just ordered 4 packs - qualified for 'FREE Super Saver Delivery'.

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭misterdeeds

amber101 wrote: »
    Hi All

Hope this isn't up already but amazon have a pack of 4 gillette fusion power blades for approx €7.16. If you buy 4 packs then you qualify for free delivery. Not a bad price imo.
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Gillette-Fusion-Power-Blades-Pack/dp/B000GE3JO4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1303216152&sr=8-1

Happy shaving:cool:
    Have you tried cara pharmacy for razor blades very cheap for mach 3 i know and possibly cheaper for the above

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

Have you tried cara pharmacy for razor blades very cheap for mach 3 i know and possibly cheaper for the above

I did look at them when I placed my order a few months ago on Amazon, prices are/were ok but still cheaper with Amazon, today before postage you save about €2.50 in Amazon. When ordering 4 packs including postage (free with amazon) we save about €15

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭theavenger

Great find OP

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭TakeTheVeil

I'll just leave this here...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjSkgz3-2Ig

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

ha must give that a try. Stupid blades are a rip off in this place.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

Does that actually work?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭Vertakill

JayEnnis wrote: »
    Just on the topic of this, if you switch over to a DE razor then blades are ridiculously cheap (€3 for 5), you'll get a better shave and its good for the environment.

merkur-progress-razor-large.jpg

I have a Fusion and I also have that exact model of Merkur DE Razor...

I honestly haven't gotten the hang of the Merkur yet and it's literally like life and death when I use it.
    If you're shaving before you go out on the town or something, it's a torrid experience where you're fearful of cutting yourself - not for fear of the cut itself because you can barely feel it half the time, but leaving a straight cut across your neck or your chin or something and looking like a complete eejit that can't shave.

So, cheers OP, gonna buy these blades I think (and in the mean time, try out that jeans trick!).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭Baldie

Nice one, I'll be getting them!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,884 ✭✭✭Soarer

I can see Sam McCauley stocking up on these and selling them on at a nice little profit.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,821 ✭✭✭irishproduce

Do you reckon these would be compatible when mounted on the normal fusion handle?

• Registered Users Posts: 82,587 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Do you reckon these would be compatible when mounted on the normal fusion handle?

They look to me very similar and might be the same. They are currently selling the Fusion Power Razor with 1 blade + 4 free blades for €12.50 in Dunnes Stores, I suppose if you bought that there and 4 packs of the blades from Amazon you would be doing alright :D

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭PressTheButton

They look to me very similar and might be the same. They are currently selling the Fusion Power Razor with 1 blade + 4 free blades for €12.50 in Dunnes Stores, I suppose if you bought that there and 4 packs of the blades from Amazon you would be doing alright :D
    Well done AD. You're turning into a one-man veritable price comparison website! Had ordered the blades before realizing I also needed a holder for OP's recommendation. Could open a car boot sale with my collection of razor holders! Looks like I'm now off to Dunnes for yet another. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 65,405 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Nice one, OP. I'm on my last blade and couldn't really find any decent bargains when I was looking a few days ago. Needed to order something else so got 2 packs of blades and free shipping

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭heathersonline

I have the power and the normal fusion handles and the blades are interchangeable

• Registered Users Posts: 65,405 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

I looked into that before. Both blades have exactly the same connection, so fit on both the power and the manual

Apart from the colour the blades are identical, with the power having an additional coating to make it glide easier. I have not noticed the difference this additional coating makes myself :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

I have the power and the normal fusion handles and the blades are interchangeable

373372d1295012434-some-new-gs-soon-release-january-2011-heman.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 82,587 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Mine arrived today, thanks OP, I've enough now for a full season of shaving :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Crackity Jones

Just to let ppl know this power razor pack is 8.49 in Tesco. picked one up today.

Edit: Oops just saw the Dunnes one includes 4 free blades. Tesco one doesnt.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

Might be more convincing if they showed the guys face. He sounds like he has a beard to me. Or a face full of tiny bits of toilet roll.

Advertisement