Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Positive Feedback (for a change)

Options
  • 19-04-2011 1:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭

I think there should be more positive feedback threads. As a result for my 10,000th post I am going to create one :). It's actually only as I think back over my time active on this site that I realise how useful a resource Boards has been.

Since I first signed up to Boards at the end of August 2004 I have changed jobs five times, moved house three times and probably gotten a lot more cynical in my old age :). In that time I have been a regular visitor to Boards (although my early contributions were very sporadic) and for quite a lot of questions that might arise Boards is my first port of call.

So in short, thank you to the owners for setting up the site, thank you to the admins, cmods and mods for keeping the peace and thank you to the users without whom there wouldn't be much of a site really.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Your praise means nothing to us.

You're one of them

You're part of the conspiracy

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

snyper wrote: »
    Your praise means nothing to us.

You're one of them

You're part of the conspiracy
    Or maybe that's what I want you to think?
    Thank you for demonstrating the difference between "your" and "you're". So many people get it wrong!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,080 ✭✭✭Gunsfortoys

*Cringe*

*Cringe*
    If you think my first post was bad you should have seen the post I was going to write where I thanked God and my parents etc.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Thought 10k posts were banned here after the deluge of them last year.. :D

I wasted mine on some infraction I gave someone and, when I realised, had to go and delete some of my posts from years before and do it all again..

Abuse of mod power ftw :cool:

• Advertisement

Steve wrote: »
    Abuse of mod power ftw :cool:
    Sure what's the point of becoming a mod if you can't abuse the power that comes with it? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Damn straight. People think we join up for coke and hookers, sure, but it's the sweet taste of abused power that keeps us.

Also, Boards *is* rather handy to have about.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,264 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

I thought there was some rule about rubbing your post count in others faces, if not, there should be ;)

Advertisement