Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Children's Spikes

• 19-04-2011 2:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Our Primary School is entering Santry for the first time this year. I'd like to get my hands on a couple of pairs of spikes that they could even share. Would anyone have second hand spikes to fit 10 year olds? Or could you recommend a place in Dublin.
    Cheers,

No for a way to teach someone how to hurdle without a track or a proper hurdle or long jump without the use of a pit....:rolleyes:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭RoyMcC

Too young to be wearing spikes imo, but youngsters these days seem to think that they're necessary. Don't let them wear them for long periods - i.e. doing drills, warm-ups etc.

Don't know about second hand but give Sportsworld, Terenure a call 01-490 4502.

I wouldn't worry about the hurdles - no one will be hurdling properly anyway. It would be useful to get access to a LJ pit though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭thirstywork2

Never too young to wear spikes !!!
    started wearing them at age 10 myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭RoyMcC

Pah! They'll be asking for mobile phones next :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭zico10

I've been there with my school for the last three years and our kids never wore spikes. I wasn't paying huge attention to all the other schools, but I didn't notice any of the others wearing spikes either. You'll be overdressed in spikes in my opinion and if you have a budget for athletics in your school, you'd be better off spending the money on something else, i.e. hurdles.

Advertisement