Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star Wars Film Festival Dublin June 2011

Options
  • 19-04-2011 2:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hello All,

Im Karl Dawson, Huge Sci-fi Fan and also Front Of House and Asst.Marketing Manager for a theatre here in Dublin, I've been thinking about an Idea of running a Star Wars Movie Marathon, All The Movies Brought to life again on the Big Screen For those of you who have never seen Star Wars Return Of the Jedi on the big screen your in for a treat, Before this becomes reality though I would like to get a sense of the popularity of this Idea, Would you go to such an event, what would Inhance the experiance for you?, would you like to be Involved.

Any Ideas, Comments or suggestions can be posted on this thread or alternativly to my email karldawson@live.ie .

Thanks .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭thunderthing

I think I'd definitely attend that if it was cheap enough. Places like The Screen and Cineworld show plenty of classic films and seem to do alright with them so you'd have to problem getting arses in seats with the right price.

Obviously, you'd have to show the original theatrical versions of the films though, as opposed to the "remastered" versions released on DVD a few years ago!

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭49ers fan

Sounds good, I would definitely head along to something like that......

• Registered Users Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

I think I'd only show up half way through

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭Magic Eight Ball

If it was original theatrical versions I'd show up.
    + you could have booths and stalls for fans who wanna buy, sell or trade in Star Wars memorabilia & collectibles.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 garg

any word on this goin ahead?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

If it was original theatrical versions I'd show up.
    + you could have booths and stalls for fans who wanna buy, sell or trade in Star Wars memorabilia & collectibles.

This. Although I wouldn't be too bothered if they showed the Special Editions or DVD cuts of the OT, it's all good. I'd just love a SW marathon!

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭johnnyivan

greendom wrote: »
    I think I'd only show up half way through

Ha ha - good one. But what if they show Ep.IV first?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

Hi Op, in terms of suggestions I reckon you could pull a bigger crowd if you screen and advertised as showing the "original" trilogy. Might draw more people out of the woodwork. There's a whole generation now who've grown up never seeing them.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 kmurr04

Sounds good but think i would only show up from epsiode 3!

Advertisement