Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cellar Bar reopening this Saturday

Options
  • 19-04-2011 3:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭

Cellar bar will be re-opening this saturday, new food menu!! Don't miss out on a great wkend!!!

From their Facebook page.

Yaay :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Ara Musha

It has been announced on Facebook that the Cellar is re-opening this Saturday. Good to hear. I'm surprised it has been closed for so long, given its location and its good food and drink trade. Great student spot! Anyone know who is opening it? Good luck to them anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Inmyownworld

I'm hoping they keep the all day breakfast, it was great!

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭TheRealSquishy

Yay thanks OP you've made my day :D

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭dec25532

They used to do decent lunches as well. Any idea who is opening it, at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭TheCosmicFrog

Ara Musha wrote: »
    Anyone know who is opening it?

Apparently it's a businessman from out Tuam-way. One of my friends knows him.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34 tumblywumbly

yay!
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Johnnio13

The Grealish's by any chance?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

Great to see it didn't lay empty too long, should bring a few jobs back. Looking forward to a post-exam fry up...!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 389 ✭✭Jamey

Johnnio13 wrote: »
    The Grealish's by any chance?

They were the ones who had it when it closed down :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭InchicoreDude

Strange that Cuba is still closed. Wouldve thought that Cuba would've been the most viable of the GPO, Cellar & Cuba, yet the other 2 are opened before it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Strange that Cuba is still closed. Wouldve thought that Cuba would've been the most viable of the GPO, Cellar & Cuba, yet the other 2 are opened before it

All comes down to Rent, Rent, Rent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Tribesman29

Same Head Chef is involved as well so food should be just as good....:D

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭Shanley

Its one of the old owners of the GPO who has taken half of it which is a bit worrying however, the head chef of the malt house in Mountbellew is who has the other half of the company. So food might be good but I don't have great hopes for the bar itself!

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭proulx

Shanley wrote: »
    Its one of the old owners of the GPO who has taken half of it which is a bit worrying however, the head chef of the malt house in Mountbellew is who has the other half of the company. So food might be good but I don't have great hopes for the bar itself!

Wrong- pub manager of Malt house not the chef so keep the faith;)

the head chef of the malt house in Mountbellew is who has the other half of the company

That's the fella! My "out Tuam-way" description was a bit vague. Couldn't quite recall where my friend said he was from... :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 503 ✭✭✭whoopdedoo

aahahahahahaha!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭BornToBe?

So the lads who ran Cuba took over GPO, and the lads from the GPO took over Cellar (Cuba),

I guess it's true, the bars are always greener on the other side.:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

Anybody there yet? I ended up in Kellys last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭drum!

I heard it's mainly going to be marketed as a sports bar, any truth to this?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,173 ✭✭✭Wompa1

drum! wrote: »
    I heard it's mainly going to be marketed as a sports bar, any truth to this?

Doubt it since the match the other day was on 1 screen and the commentary wasn't on. Nice pub though...I'd say it will be aimed at yuppies...

• Advertisement

Was there tonight. Very quiet. My friend asked if they had their old cocktail menu back, but was told "Sorry, we haven't been trained to make cocktails yet", or something to that effect.

Other than that, it's the same old Cellar - which is a good thing. But it's been given a makeover and has some nice new couches. One of the biggest complaints we had was that it's far too bright in there. There was something nice about the low lighting of the old place.

Must try the food menu during the day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

I had lunch there the other day. It was very good, the same standard, but there was less on the menu. Only 2 burgers, beef or chicken. The Bolognese is gone too I think. I had the chicken supreme with pepper sauce and it was lovely. The staff are friendly too. Oh, and the apple pie is the best I've had anywhere. It's a big portion and that's mostly hot melty delicious apple and then with a couple of scoops of ice-cream.
    I'll land in there some night and see what craic there is on a night out.

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭xo.mary

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

does anyone have the number for the Cellar. I have tried calling the old one but nobody ever picking up. Has it been changed?

frAg

Advertisement