Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to Limerick?

• 19-04-2011 4:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi.

I might have an oppertunity to take up a job based in Limerick.

I have travelled a fair bit around Ireland, but never Limerick.

Is it a good place to live and work?

If I was to communte into the city center for work, what area of Limerick would you suggest that I live in, (ie., nicest town/village)?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

check out newtown annacotty, lovely area, bus to town, and easy access to motorway also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

If you want to make your commute a bit longer (15 miles) then have a look at either Adare (Cork/Kerry direction) or Killaloe/Ballina (dublin direction, plenty of housing choice for all price ranges, good choice of restaurants,Bars,etc.).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,287 ✭✭✭source

Annacotty/Casteltroy and Dooradoyle/Raheen areas have the best bus services in the city. Also areas along the routes are good.It depends on your job as to whether it's a good place to work. I'm living around South Circular Road which is very near the Dooradoyle/Raheen bus route. It's a 15 minute walk to the centre of the city from my house, and about another 15 minutes to the Crescent Shopping Centre.

I've lived in Limerick most of my life and think it's a good place to live. There's a nice amount of bars and cafe's around town. Good restaurants and good sports facilities. There's cinemas and shopping centres in or near the areas I've mentioned above.

We do have a very large amount of negative publicity, but generally if you stay out of the rougher estates you have no problem, and even then it's only a minority who cause the problems. All in all it's a great little city.

check out http://www.limerick.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 limklass

I would agree with the suggestions in regard to Annacotty/Castletroy - a lovely residential area with the facilities of the University and the University Arena on your doorstep plus very good bus access to the city centre. Enjoy Limerick and disregard the negative publicity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

Yeah, I moved to the 'Rick recently and find it grand! Haven't been robbed yet lol. Touch wood, I think the bad press about Limerick is waaaay out of proportion. Would recommend it :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement