Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Perth Living!

Options
  • 19-04-2011 4:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

Hi Guys,
    My head is fried looking through accommodation websites so looking for some advice. Basically need to know what areas in Perth are nice to live in.Need a 3 bed for $500 per week and has to be furnished. Don't want to be too far from Perth CBD..Any suugestions?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Nelly198427

op here also if you could tell me what areas to avoid...

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Asking a bit too general a question tbh. Do you want to be near the beach as well? What sort of ammenities are important? Train line? Buses? Will you have a car? Where will you be working or do you intend to work?

Have you any rental history here? If not you may need to go private to secure a property ahead of locals who do. Why does it have to be furnished? You can rent furniture quite cheaply and open yourself up to more options.

I live in the northern suburbs but know pretty much every area so it really depends on all of the above to try narrow it down.

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭ambasite

Subiaco, Leederville, Nedlands, Crawley, Applecross, all close enough to CBD.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Ah Perth, where most people become drug adicts because there is nothing to do..:D
    Nice place but zzzzzzz quiet isnt the word.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Nelly198427

thanks for the replies...im assuming if im not too far from perth cbd buses and trains will be nearby and won't be a problem. i wont be working but my boyfriend will and he will have a car. Im not too pushed if its near beaches just want somewhere that would be a nice area and wont be much more than $500 per week..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭busyliving

Nollamara, Balcatta, Mirrabooka

They are all roughly 10-15 minutes from the CBD.

The places have a reputation for not being nice, but i find them quiet enough and the place i'm staying in is, 360 a week...not furnished but you can furnish the place fairly cheaply with the quatto paper where you can get alot of free ****e:D

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

:eek: Balcatta and Mirrabooka?! You'd have to pay me to live in either of those. Horrible crime ridden areas and awkward for getting to the city.

Ideally you want to be living on a train line. Somewhere like Warwick or Greenwood would be spot on and you can pick up a decent house for about $450 a week. Only a 15 minute max train journey to the city from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭busyliving

Xavi6 wrote: »
    :eek: Balcatta and Mirrabooka?! You'd have to pay me to live in either of those. Horrible crime ridden areas and awkward for getting to the city.

Ideally you want to be living on a train line. Somewhere like Warwick or Greenwood would be spot on and you can pick up a decent house for about $450 a week. Only a 15 minute max train journey to the city from there.

There is a bus on the wanneroo road which will bring you straight into the city, and nollamara, mirrabooka and balcatta are all located on the wanneroo road, $3,70 bus fair and your in the the city centre

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭ellaq

Out towards bayswater is nice, south to Como, East Victoria Park. Look at the transperth map and anywhere within transport zone 1 would be close enough to everything you need. Getting a furnished place is really going to limit your choices though, very limit it.

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭uglyjohn

not to hijack the thread or anything...but can anyone suggest a resorce other than gumtree to find some shared accomidation? I've sent heaps of messages and only gotten one response. Every add that goes up gets hundreds of views so there is a lot of competition.
    Im looking for a room around mount lawley, leederville, notrhbridge type area. has anyone had any success with real life message boards in holtels/shops etc?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭ellaq

The west australian and the quokka used to have shared accommodation sections. At least you know the ads are current.

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭uglyjohn

thanks, i'll give that a go.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

Hi Guys,
    My head is fried looking through accommodation websites so looking for some advice. Basically need to know what areas in Perth are nice to live in.Need a 3 bed for $500 per week and has to be furnished. Don't want to be too far from Perth CBD..Any suugestions?
    Why does it have to be furnished? If you're there over a year your better off furnishing yourself.

Advertisement