Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LAP Lambert Academic Publishing- Spam/scam?

Options
  • 19-04-2011 4:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭

I got an email today from LAP Lambert Academic Publishing, saying that they found my research title on the TCD website and are interested in turning it into a book. I got the email when I was out and about on my phone, so couldn't google right away, so I was able to fully immerse myself in the fantasy of being a published author straight after my thesis date! Happy days!

Just got back to my desk (after telling one or 2 people about the email- I was excited!) and decided to google. Oh dear.

They seem legit in some ways- they list on amazon and print on demand- but it's basically just a form of vanity press- while you might think it looks good to have a printed book on amazon it's not peer reviewed or edited, and i doubt then it would look good to job committees...

Just wanted to put it out there in case they were doing a trawl of irish Unis at the mo or something.

Back to earth with a bang, eh? :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement