Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What pubs open at midnight on Good Friday?

Options
  • 19-04-2011 4:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭

As the title asks, what pubs (or nightclubs) open at midnight on Good Friday? There's always a few, and I thought it'd be an idea to make a list of them.

Comments

If anyone knows anywhere in Dublin this woud be a great help cos I have friends coming from Scotland and we're planning a day session in our house and want to stumble into town after 12 so anywhere wil suffice!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

Coppers will be open...

MIN2511 wrote: »
    Coppers will be open...

Coppers is not open..im giving up on places in dublin. Spent the whole day yesterday ringing every bar and club i could think of and they're all closed.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭spoonface

the_syco wrote: »
    As the title asks, what pubs (or nightclubs) open at midnight on Good Friday? There's always a few, and I thought it'd be an idea to make a list of them.

Dublin closes down for drinking on Good Friday so there's not much point looking for a single place that will be open. If you really can't manage without a drink, buy your cans today or head upto Newry or Belfast for the night.

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭Lustrum

Coppers is not open..im giving up on places in dublin. Spent the whole day yesterday ringing every bar and club i could think of and they're all closed.

Are you that desperate for a drink?? Sure monday is a bank holiday so you still get 2 nights out if you want.

Seriously people, it's one day, cop the fcuk on

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,880 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Probably not much use to Dublin drinkers, but the Porterhouse in Bray will be opening at midnight.

Lustrum wrote: »
    Are you that desperate for a drink?? Sure monday is a bank holiday so you still get 2 nights out if you want.

Seriously people, it's one day, cop the fcuk on

I'm not "that desperate for a drink" thanks you very much. I have friends that booked flights home for this weekend ages ago not knowing that it was Good Friday so we're having a house party and want to go somewhere after midnight..is that such a crime? This is why i hate boards..so many ignorant people.

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭Lustrum

Apologies Aoife it that came across as being "ignorant", but as I said, there are two other nights to go out this weekend.

I just think it's ridiculous that this topic even warrants a thread

Q Bar has a sign up saying it's open on Good Friday. Better ring them though

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭1968

Greystones Threatre for 3 room BYOB mash up on Good Friday:

https://www.facebook.com/#!/event.php?eid=190522844318805

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Lustrum wrote: »
    I just think it's ridiculous that this topic even warrants a thread
    Agreed. We shouldn't have to be starting threads looking for a pub that's open on a Friday. They should all be open. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭SteoL

seamus wrote: »
    Agreed. We shouldn't have to be starting threads looking for a pub that's open on a Friday. They should all be open. :)

Agreed, the days of Ireland following the rules of catholicism are long gone and so should these poxy laws which restrict drinking on Good Friday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Wolflikeme

seamus wrote: »

Totally agree.

Still though, until then I can deal with it for ONE DAY! It really is ridiculous. And then people were on here a few weeks ago trying to argue that being drunk isn't typically Irish!! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 22,322 ✭✭✭✭Esel

This is why i hate boards..so many ignorant people.
    This, combined with your join date of April 2011, made me laugh. Thanks for that! :D

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭Gae

A few years ago I went to the Viper Room on the quays at midnight on good friday. No idea if they'll be open again this year (or whether that place is even still there?).

^ Still there, under another name. Don't know if it still opens at midnight Friday though.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 21 darahiggins

can i go drink at your gaff? bored as. i'll bring a Kitkat easter egg, comes with a mug

• Registered Users Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭Joekers

Does coppers or any of the like open tonight after 12?

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭digit1

can i go drink at your gaff? bored as. i'll bring a Kitkat easter egg, comes with a mug

I think ur about 2 years late. Lol

digit1 wrote: »
    I think you're about 2 years old. Lol
    FYPx2

Not your ornery onager

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,536 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Lots of places open at midnight, train stations can serve all day

ted1 wrote: »
    Lots of places open at midnight, train stations can serve all day
    That's mad, Ted!

Can we go next year then?

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭KuriousOranj

Fibbers was the only place that I heard was opening at midnight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

Was there, and so were about 30 pikeys who were smashing pint glasses, shirtless draped in an Irish flag, spilling drink all over the pool tables and an Asian chick who was with the pikeys who tried to start a fight with about 6 or 7 female friends I was there with whilst the bouncers were pretty much their butlers for fear of it kicking off....

thank **** it mellowed (some how) as the night went on...

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭jamie72

train stations can serve all day

Expand?

[Jackass] wrote: »
    .... 6 or 7 female friends I was there with....
    'K :cool:

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭doughef

Got off a flight in Dublin Airport yesterday.

Even out in the arrivals / public area, as long as you have a boarding pass you can drink there all day!

A lost of tourists showed up hours early for flights to take advantage!

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭jamie72

This country is so fantastically backward.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

Thread is 2 years old, I'm closing it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement