Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hoping Someone Can Help!

Options
  • 19-04-2011 5:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭Mysterious&Shy

Hi all.

My Fiance and I are hoping to move to Dublin for July and August. Reason being is that he is a Primary School Teacher and he is big into Jujitsu and wants to do this for the summer while he can. We are living in Waterford so travelling up and down every day would be harrowing to say the least!!

My question is: does anyone know where we can rent somewhere for 2 months? We can also look at house shares.

Thanks very much in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭RedXIV

It'd be worth ringing places on daft.ie that don't have a minimum lease period. I moved into a place for 3 months of the summer with no problems from the landlord, he was dead on, and It was just outside the city centre

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭Mysterious&Shy

RedXIV wrote: »
    It'd be worth ringing places on daft.ie that don't have a minimum lease period. I moved into a place for 3 months of the summer with no problems from the landlord, he was dead on, and It was just outside the city centre

You don't by any chance have his details?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭henryporter

Handiest thing would be a sublet from other teachers who may want to hang on to their apartments/houses but not stay in Dublin for the summer. If your OH is a teacher he might be able to network something

I saw a few places on daft this morning advertising 'for summer months only' or 'no lease required' - just set it as one of the search options and you'll find somewhere :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Micilin Muc

Universities usually have good rates over the summer. All the young undergraduates would be off-campus if that's a problem!

DCU: www.summeraccommodation.dcu.ie for example!

• Advertisement

Super! Thanks so much, really appreciate it!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭RedXIV

You don't by any chance have his details?

Not anymore, sorry :( but it only took about an hour on daft back then to find a place, best of luck!

RedXIV wrote: »
    Not anymore, sorry :( but it only took about an hour on daft back then to find a place, best of luck!

Thanks! I think we have may found somewhere!

Advertisement