Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stray Cat, sore nose

• 19-04-2011 5:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭

For the last few months we've had a stray cat around. At the start he was quite afraid of us but after feeding him (he looked starving) a few times he's become more friendly. I just noticed today that the cats nose looks sore/infected. The black seems to be peeling away and a White mucous on bare skin is left. I've never owned a cat so I've no idea what's wrong if anything. I'm gonna try catch and bring him to the vet bit that could prove a challange, anyone any ideas? I've looked it up online and the peeling seems to be normal but the white and loss of the black (whatever it's call) obviously isn't

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Heres a pic, not sure if you can see what I mean from it

vnf0ax.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 657 ✭✭✭portgirl123

cant really see from pic but i do see he is white around this area. my concern would be that he may have skin cancer.

Ah s*it I hope not. He is a stray but like I said he is getting more friendly and more like a pet so I'd hate to see anything happen to him. I'll try get a cat box and get him to the vet asap

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭MsFifers

I'd also be afraid its skin cancer. White cats are v. prone to this and your stray has a white nose - no protection against the sun unfortunately.

He looks really cute though! :D

If its v. fearful of contact, you might find its easier to catch the cat using a cat trap rather than trying to pick it up. Your vet might loan you one, or a local animal rescue/spca. You might have to leave a deposit for the trap when you take it.

I also am looking after a stray white cat at the mo, and after a few months of befriending he has moved into my kitchen. He also had problem ears/nose when I got him, but keeping him inside during the day means he has kept out of the sun and he has healed up a lot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 670 ✭✭✭serenacat

IPAM wrote: »
    Heres a pic, not sure if you can see what I mean from it

vnf0ax.jpg

I found a stray that looks very like this, i got close enough to take a photo today. here it is 2i9mnu1.jpg

• Advertisement

Think the White furr between eyes is different but they do look similier. Haven't seen mine today but when I do I'll try get him to the vets, just hope it's not skin cancer :(

Advertisement