Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parking fine

Options
  • 19-04-2011 5:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭

So I woke up to go to work this morning, left my house at 8.20am to find that there was a parking ticket on my screen. Now granted I dont have a residence permit yet, but I parked the car there in this particular place at about half 10 last night, knowing full well that Id be up early in the morning to miss the 08.30 - 18.30 parking disk time zones.

So as you can imagine im pretty pissed off, can anyone tell me a course of action to take here? Is there anyway to go about getting my justice?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Bogger77

CHealy wrote: »
    So I woke up to go to work this morning, left my house at 8.20am to find that there was a parking ticket on my screen. Now granted I dont have a residence permit yet, but I parked the car there in this particular place at about half 10 last night, knowing full well that Id be up early in the morning to miss the 08.30 - 18.30 parking disk time zones.

So as you can imagine im pretty pissed off, can anyone tell me a course of action to take here? Is there anyway to go about getting my justice?
    a parking ticket, or a note saying that you'll be getting a ticket in the post?

I think Cork City dont place tickets anymore, just leave a note and you get a proper ticket in the post.

If it's Cork City, then just appeal it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭CHealy

Sorry I shouldv made that clearer, it was the note telling me that Ill be getting the fine in due course, and its in Cork city. Do you think its any use going into city hall and saying it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭Vain

Where was this? Are you sure you wernt parked on double yellow lines or wheel chair spot, bus stop etc some where you should of not parked? As its strange you got a ticket before half 8.

Barracks street, where I usually park when I have the car with me, definetly no double yellows or anything like that. Im half thinking it could be that the warden obviously thought that car wasnt been moved for the morning so got his first ticket of the day, or so he thought, ill go to court with this if needs be, Id just rather a more dignified way of sorting it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,863 ✭✭✭Papa_Lazarou

Is there a time on the note he left? If not its going to be your word against his. It'll be very hard for you to prove that it was before 8.30 especially if the warden wrote down a different time.

• Advertisement

No theres not, but dont the wardens use electronic devices to take down the car reg and the other info? Id imagine the time will be printed on that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭themonboys

I wonder if he did you for the 2 hour limit? I'm not even sure if that applies before 8.30.Anyone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭themonboys

Can't see anything in here about overnight parking.
    You'll also find an appeal form online

http://www.corkcity.ie/services/roadstransportation/trafficdivision/parkingbyelaws/filedownload,2224,en.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

you can get fined or clamped if you park in any spot at any time where a car has to cross the centerline of the road to pass you .
    Is this a possibility?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭murphym7

themonboys wrote: »
    I wonder if he did you for the 2 hour limit? I'm not even sure if that applies before 8.30.Anyone?

Nah, the 2 hour rule is just between disc parking times - outside of that you are grand.

• Advertisement

you can get fined or clamped if you park in any spot at any time where a car has to cross the centerline of the road to pass you .
    Is this a possibility?

Well its on Barrack Street, one of Cork narrowest streets for a car to pass. I was parked well into the footpath on the right-hand side as you are going up the street. If I was fined for that, the warden would also have to fine the 50/60 other cars parked the same as me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 samchoopra

i recently change my home in dublin.My car road tax letter is coming at my current new address and also my nct letter coming at my current address, but my car reg cert have my previous home address.last week i saw ticket checker in a parking taking my car photos so definitely he charged me ,now i am worrying at what address i will get my ticket by post.will some one please tell me am i need to go to my previous home to check post bec at my car reg i still have my old home address ....but at the other dublin motor tax authorities and nct authorities have my new address .......thanks in advanced

Advertisement