Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards League (Thursday, S. 12)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,203 ✭✭✭crisco10

2nd successive relegation for MWSTAG. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

crisco10 wrote: »
    2nd successive relegation for MWSTAG. :(

First ever relegation for me, really didn't give it the attention it deserved this season:( might have managed to stay up if I did.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,866 ✭✭✭daheff

FRF have been playing sh1te the last couple of games...cant believe we're still top of div 2? Recount anyone??? :D

still last game of the season is at home.... wont bottle it will they??? They are all on the transfer list if they do!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭mar-z

Ok, confession time. Despite talking to Phonehead about it well over a month ago. I completely forgot to email BR about adding trophies (and also to create new trophies). This will delay the trophy awards, or at least those that we will be adding. :o

As it stands from last season we have

Div 1: 1st bclchampphp.png
    2nd bclrunnerupphp.png
    3rd bcl3rdplphp.png

Div 2: 1st bcld2champphp.png

I plan to add a 2nd place for div 2 and a 1st place for div 3 (I could add a 2nd place to div 3 if it was felt neccesary)

My proposed trophies (baring in mind I have little clue what I'm up to with making them)

Div 2: 2nd bcld2runnerup.png

Div 3: I have 2 suggestions bcld31php.png or bcld32php.png

The alternative is that both medals make up a first and 2nd place for div 3. I will hold off emailing br about adding trophies till tonight/tomorrow morning when I see what people think about whether adding 1 or 2 trophies to div 3 is best. My logic behind one by the way is that I thought as the the competition stiffens up as you promote we add a trophy. But I don't mind either way.

If anyone wants to take a shot at making better trophies go for it, this is my only attempt and I'm not trying again :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭Gelio

That looks perfect to me. The more trophies the better, we all like trophies!

• Advertisement

I'm easy, more trophies the better!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭Phonehead

I will do 2 more up and send them your way, have to do one for the community challenge anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

How do those trophies compare to the actual in-game ones? Seem quite similar to me, might be worth putting a blue stripe on the base or something, just to make them stand out.

I'd be in favour of the boardsie blue medal for Div 3.

Tbh, the first 4 trophies in the post are what have been there a couple of seasons. Not sure if we can change them or not. Phonehead might know.

I kept the second trophy for div.2 the same style as the one already there. I was free to try add a boardsie twist to the div 3 medals. Ihave changed the gold one slightly to make the eyes/circles/whatever a bit more oval like the boards sign.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭cclampett

its like the boards moon crescent thingy yup

only 36 down to the jacks at half time, happy days, they're too busy kicking penalties this time to be scoring tries lol

• Advertisement

1st
    Boardslite31.png

2nd
    Boardslite32.png

Here are the standard BR ones, I don't think my ones currently in use for this comp are like them:confused:

league11.png
    league31.png
    league41.png
    league51.png

I didn't think they were, I was just saying that I didn' think we could change them. I like them.

Ok in the spirit of some of the above posts where more trophies is better this is the what I'm going to suggest. Will ask for the trophy spots later today if noone disagrees.
    1st 2nd 3rd
    Div 1: bclchampphp.pngbclrunnerupphp.pngbcl3rdplphp.png

Div 2: bcld2champphp.pngbcld2runnerup.pngbcld32php.png

Div 3: Boardslite31.pngBoardslite32.pngbcld31php-1.png

Phonehead wrote: »
    Here are the standard BR ones, I don't think my ones currently in use for this comp are like them:confused:

league11.png
    league31.png
    league41.png
    league51.png

It was more the shields I was on about. But yes, the cups do look quite different alright.
    mar-z wrote: »
    I didn't think they were, I was just saying that I didn' think we could change them. I like them.

Ok in the spirit of some of the above posts where more trophies is better this is the what I'm going to suggest. Will ask for the trophy spots later today if noone disagrees.
    1st 2nd 3rd
    Div 1: bclchampphp.pngbclrunnerupphp.pngbcl3rdplphp.png

Div 2: bcld2champphp.pngbcld2runnerup.pngbcld32php.png

Div 3: Boardslite31.pngBoardslite32.pngbcld31php-1.png

I'd be in favour of more of a lil cup type design for Div 3. The Div 3 trophies look bigger and more impressive than all the rest. I'll toadily be going for relegation again next season (not that I'll have a choice :( )

Here are some medals that can be used for div 3

boardslite311-1.pngMedal3.png

Phonehead wrote: »
    Here are some medals that can be used for div 3

boardslite311-1.pngMedal3.png

Your medals are so much fancier than my attempt :D

So I've emailed br about adding trophies so that we have three per division. Question for you, Phonehead or anyone who has done trophies for comps, do I email them the trophies or are they added by us in game when we can?

Also if we were to change a trophy do we need to mail br or is that done by pressing delete in the trophy tab on the comp stage (after which we can add one). A part of me wants to press delete to find out but the other part is telling me to wait for an answer!

The reason I ask about changing trophies is that I really like your trophies made for div. 3 first and would like to make them the div. 2 trophies for 1st and 2nd.

So new plan would be:

Div. 1: bclchampphp.pngbclrunnerupphp.pngbcl3rdplphp.png

Div. 2: Boardslite31.pngBoardslite32.pngboardslite311-1.png

Div. 3: bcld2champphp-1.pngbcld2runnerup-1.pngMedal3.png

Hopefully no issues with this way round. Added a bit of boardsie blue to the shields/plaques for the fun of it.

In the control panel under trophies you can add and delete away, you upload direct from your pc.

pm me your email and I'll email the trophies later tonight Canada time, which means AM for you

Thanks Phonehead, that's what I thought but didn't want to ruin it all by getting ahead of myself :D

Looks great guys!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,866 ✭✭✭daheff

can somebody please put up the final standings for this seasons leagues?

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭TheJims

Season 13? willing to help keep track of league standings if it goes ahead ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭seanand

i reckon everyone is willing to stay in it

TheJims wrote: »
    Season 13? willing to help keep track of league standings if it goes ahead ;)

Yeah sorry for not getting on this folks. Currently killing myself in attempting to button up a phd and thesis before the end of the month :(. I will get the first weeks fixtures up tonight (as well as trophies) and will get the rest up over the weekend when I get a few minutes.

As said before I'm away for a couple of months next season so someone needs to step up. Delighted you volunteered Jims!

Jims, pm me your email and I can send you league table/fixture stuff.

I just added you as an admin there so you can add fixtures too (look under the tools tab in br website)

I wont give you the website updating stuff as it's Wex's/Phonehead's account and I probably shouldn't hand out his password ;)

Yeah sorry for not getting on this folks. Currently killing myself in attempting to button up a phd and thesis before the end of the month :(. I will get the first weeks fixtures up tonight (as well as trophies) and will get the rest up over the weekend when I get a few minutes.

As said before I'm away for a couple of months next season so someone needs to step up. Delighted you volunteered Jims!

Jims, pm me your email and I can send you league table/fixture stuff.

I just added you as an admin there so you can add fixtures too (look under the tools tab in br website)

I wont give you the website updating stuff as it's Wex's/Phonehead's account and I probably shouldn't hand out his password ;)

He can do the tables in excel and then screenshot and post up here, then you can use them to update website upon your return! Am I an admin for this? or something else? can't remember at this pt!!:o I remember giving out trophies for something!

eoferrall wrote: »
    He can do the tables in excel and then screenshot and post up here, then you can use them to update website upon your return! Am I an admin for this? or something else? can't remember at this pt!!:o I remember giving out trophies for something!

Yeah your an admin too. I can email you stuff as well if you want ;)

Yeah your an admin too. I can email you stuff as well if you want ;)

Yeah fire away, I'm free to banter about getting weekly tables up from start of sept. so if someone can do fixtures etc to be accepted I can look after the tables for ye!

I can help out to get it up and running

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭Scrummage

seanand wrote: »
    i reckon everyone is willing to stay in it

Count me in again U changed my team name to blind side from couch potatoes.

• Advertisement

Club Total
    1 Forza Juve 61
    2 Scorched Earth 38
    3 Toronto Rucks 37
    4 Couch Potatoes 35
    5 Geraldine RFC 28
    6 Grubber 26 (-30 pd)
    7 ELAT 26 (-35pd)
    8 CSDS 16

Advertisement