Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards League (Thursday, S. 12)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭bossa_nova

Gideans ready to claw there way back up :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

JohnButler wrote: »
    Ehhh... <pulls at collar>...

...ye couple seasons ago i moved. I kind of regret it a alittle bit now but its hasn't been at all easy and a good learning experience. Still want to move back to Ireland at some point to take what is rightfully mine!:D

are you hoping for another amnesty for a free move in a season or two? i cant imagine moving - between boards and the offsite I would feel too much on my own and probably quit. where's the fun in playing unknown teams all the time? zero banter!

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭JohnButler

eoferrall wrote: »
    are you hoping for another amnesty for a free move in a season or two? i cant imagine moving - between boards and the offsite I would feel too much on my own and probably quit. where's the fun in playing unknown teams all the time? zero banter!

Thats exactly what i'm hoping for.

It's the banter i do miss the most to be honest. Hope to be smack bang in the midst of it again in S12! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭dreamer_ire

mar-z wrote: »
    Its Dreamer and JB!!! :eek:

:P
    Yeah they are all around still, we're not in the same leagues anymore so only meet in boards cups etc..if they enter them!

Orizio got his ass handed to him in Div II so he aint so bullish these days! ;)[/QUOT

Poor Orizio, and he was SO bullish!!

Anyways im looking forward to locking horns with ye again. In a couple of seasons obviously, as i will need to work my way out of division 3. Wouldn't mind a crack at dreamer if she is in same division, wouldn't mind at all!

Looking forward to getting back into it again.... bring it on JB!

Looking forward to getting back into it again.... bring it on JB!

Haha consider it brought Dreamer!!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭Gelio

Where is Orizio these days? Is he still active on blackout?

he's sulking as he got relegated back to Div III and is a league with openside a scotish team that moved about 2 season ago and is a monster team so he has no chance of beating him!

he's sulking as he got relegated back to Div III and is a league with openside a scotish team that moved about 2 season ago and is a monster team so he has no chance of beating him!

Is it wrong to extract so much joy from that?

Is it wrong to extract so much joy from that?

not in the slightest! think of it as an extra big easter egg!! Enjoy!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,866 ✭✭✭daheff

Front Row Fairies are in!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭Phonehead

Hey Marz and others, I wonder what would be the views on making this the Monday Tournament, that would make it very interesting;) plus the Monday tourney has been let fall to the wayside as I haven't the time to look after it.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭Blanchguy

Ladyboys are in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭mar-z

Phonehead wrote: »
    Hey Marz and others, I wonder what would be the views on making this the Monday Tournament, that would make it very interesting;) plus the Monday tourney has been let fall to the wayside as I haven't the time to look after it.

I don't mind. Although people may also have organised to take part in other Monday comps by now.

What do other people think?

Unless we get a fair few wanting to change Phonehead we'll leave it at Thursday. I'm hoping to sort out fixtures, etc. on Friday so we'll see the response by then.

I don't mind. Although people may also have organised to take part in other Monday comps by now.

What do other people think?

Unless we get a fair few wanting to change Phonehead we'll leave it at Thursday. I'm hoping to sort out fixtures, etc. on Friday so we'll see the response by then.

I'm happy with it being Mondays, but then would have to find a new comp to play in if nothing on a Thursday!

TBH I prefer thursday so there is no energy hits and to guarantee that everyone is on the same intensity.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

Openside are in Div II now so he's got no excuses.

Yeah, I reckon Thursday tourney is the way to go. At the start I wasn't keen on it, but it really means it's all about the tactics etc. Plus the different divisions means that everyone has a bit of a chance of some silverware. It might be nice to get three tiers of trophy though, cup for div 1, shield for div 2, egg-cup for div 3 and then just colour them like BR does.

The competition overall can only have 4 trophies. So next season will be 2 for div. 1, and 1 each for the other two. It would have been nice though.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

The competition overall can only have 4 trophies. So next season will be 2 for div. 1, and 1 each for the other two. It would have been nice though.

Oh really? Damn, I knew there must be something at work like that. Tis a shame.

It can have more, just need to email br admin and ask to give a few more trophy slots! you are allowed trophies up to 50% of entrants. I can make more or new ones if you want

It can have more, just need to email br admin and ask to give a few more trophy slots! you are allowed trophies up to 50% of entrants. I can make more or new ones if you want

Oh really. Tbh I wouldn't want to go overboard with trophies anyway but it would be good to do a 1st and 2nd for each division or considering there doesn't look like there will be 8 teams in division 3 do a 1-3 in div 1, 1-2 in div 2 and 1st place only in div 3, it may add a bit more interest in those not battling relegation but to far behind the winners to do anything.

• Advertisement

If an extra league is being added I have drummed up 2 more teams willing to enter

1. Private - Rahoon Wild - 85259 (It's Clambers after changing his team name to a Bot):rolleyes:

2. Bears - Mauling Bear - 45095

Can get more teams if you need

If an extra league is being added I have drummed up 2 more teams willing to enter

1. Private - Rahoon Wild - 85259 (It's Clambers after changing his team name to a Bot):rolleyes:

They were in my league. Quite a good time. I'm sure they would fly up to div 1

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

I might remind forum members, that personal attacks are against forum rules. Simply because this forum is lightly modded and simply because I'm rarely on ie boards these days does not mean you can insult and bully fellow members with impunity.

Best of luck with the league OP, I'm in if it was you that messaged me. Thursdays definitely better then Mondays btw. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭TheJims

Im gona get destroyed all season long! even in div 3 ... :-/ ah well, no harm gettin experience

Orizio wrote: »
    I might remind forum members, that personal attacks are against forum rules. Simply because this forum is lightly modded and simply because I'm rarely on ie boards these days does not mean you can insult and bully fellow members with impunity.

Best of luck with the league OP, I'm in if it was you that messaged me. Thursdays definitely better then Mondays btw. ;)

Someone needs a hug!:p

On a side note I am looking forward to the reshuffle - Orizio i am hoping we are back together... missed the banter. just need WileE to get relegated to DiV III and we are sorted!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭seanand

ya i told clampett i mean private to sign up

Orizio wrote: »

And look who the cat dragged in . . . :p

Ok so we are one team short of a full 3rd division (The division will go ahead even without it)

Revan RFC
    Nenagh Ormond
    Munster Mark II
    Fingal Physicians
    Gnomes (I'm refusing to look up the spelling of cantankarous :o:p)
    Rahoon Wild
    Mauling Bear

Looks like this will stay on the Thursday judging by opinions so far. Everyone in the top two divisions have now signed up again.

Was talking to Johnnybegood - The Jacks, he is all on for signing up

• Advertisement

Brilliant, so we're now full. I'll get on the fixtures pronto*

*well most likely tomorrow

Advertisement