Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards League (Thursday, S. 12)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

Scrummage wrote: »
    16-16 now and I did not set my line up am shocked were drawing I thought you would kick my butt

Its those ****** second rowers robbing all my line out ball.:) Have a feeling it won't end in a draw.

Edit: My outside centre just did a Dominici in goal!

Yes!!!! 79th minute try.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭mar-z

Well I've fallen apart in the last few minutes :(

Div 2 is looking more and more likely.

Extra stamina training for the boys pronto! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭Scrummage

corny wrote: »
    Yes!!!! 79th minute try.

Congrats I think I have surrendered the title no chance of catching you now.

Scrummage wrote: »
    Congrats I think I have surrendered the title no chance of catching you now.

Thanks. Wouldn't say its over yet though. I've 3 tough away games up next and i could easily lose all of them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

eoferrall wrote: »
    41% now, and 57% territory, price to pay for lack of kicking and back plays!

Wait, do you mean I had a lack of kicking and back plays or you did? I really have to start looking at my tactics, I'm having very very variable results against similar teams, must reassess the whole damn thing!
    corny wrote: »
    13-13 with the Couch Potatoes. Up against it to stay unbeaten.

Hang on, is Corny Forza Juve? Awww, I like Corny, I always thought Forza Juve was owned by this arsehole over on the music forum! Wow, confusion reigns right here right now

Fewcifur wrote: »
    Hang on, is Corny Forza Juve? Awww, I like Corny, I always thought Forza Juve was owned by this arsehole over on the music forum! Wow, confusion reigns right here right now

Lol. Yep thats my team.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,866 ✭✭✭daheff

Front Row fairies notched up another win. top of Div 2 (for now) with 33 points! :)

Makes up for being hammered all last season!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

Wait, do you mean I had a lack of kicking and back plays or you did? I really have to start looking at my tactics, I'm having very very variable results against similar teams, must reassess the whole damn thing!

no I had minimal kicking and about 70% back play! therefore I was saying the lack of territorial game...as in my team is not booting the ball up the pitch! Possession!

on a side note have they changed the ticks, keep getting x for my U20 FB/winger and my 211cm lock! :confused:

no I had minimal kicking and about 70% back play! therefore I was saying the lack of territorial game...as in my team is not booting the ball up the pitch! Possession!

on a side note have they changed the ticks, keep getting x for my U20 FB/winger and my 211cm lock! :confused:

Oh ok, I was wondering there for a bit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭Gelio

I know!!! I always think that!

ajeffares wrote: »
    I know!!! I always think that!

Do you really? You should totally PM and tell me who I'm thinking of, because I remember thinking "Hah! I destrooooyed your team, ya jerk" which is why I thought I had wins against Forza, but nope, clean sheet for Corny... the jerk! :D

Well said sir, well said. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭TheJims

this league is giving me the serious depressions.. before the match lastnight, it said i lost my previous 5 thursday friendlies.. i also lost lastnight ... :(

I've lost two matches because I didn't accept them in time . . Its really costing me :p

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭l3m0n5

Funnily enough I lost last night to Men Who Stare a Goats but i'm feeling good about it because he's thumped me the last few time but last night he won by about 10 points.
    Time to just look at the positives :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,203 ✭✭✭crisco10

l3m0n5 wrote: »
    Funnily enough I lost last night to Men Who Stare a Goats but i'm feeling good about it because he's thumped me the last few time but last night he won by about 10 points.
    Time to just look at the positives :D

Glad I could help...

So, we've reached the half-way point of the league for the season.

Division 3 has seen a number of high scoring games which have been unfortunately one sided but in a division that has teams with 5 or 6 seasons more experience than others this has to be expected. While Rahoon Wild and Fingal Physicians are still in the running for promotion my prediction is that the top for will remain the same until the end of the season. I'm going to plump for the currently 2nd placed The Jacks to take the winners trophy pipping Mauling Bear at the post and most likely decided by head to head results between the two.

In Division 2 Front Row Fairies are unbeaten and 8 points clear at the top. I will have tamely predict that the top place will remain unchanged with the Fairies being division 2 champions this season. Although with a number of tough away games still to come it should be a tighter second half of the season. The rest of the predictions are tougher in this division but I predict Yermen will take the 2nd place trophy and return to division 1 with the other teams relegated last season (Fairies, MWSAG and Gideons). The others will be licking their wound in division 3 next season.

Finally for the top tier. Newly promoted Forza Juve must be wandering what all the fuss is about as they waltz unbeaten through the first half of the season including beating last year's champions Couch Potatoes in their own back yard (no more Corny tired clichés from here on, I promise). Besides Forza in first and a team that's just biding its time in last (I swear) the division couldn't be much tighter with 6 points seperating 2nd from 7th. Predictions for the trophies positions are: 1st Forza; 2nd Couch Potatoes and 3rd Toronto Rucks. Staying in the division with these heavy weights will be Grubber Geraldine RFC who may well be better placed if they could be bothered showing up to matches every week for the rest of the season.

What are other people's predictions for the season?

mar-z wrote: »
    blah blah blah

you omitted to note I had managed to pull the finger out and get off bottom! :D

ps good work on running this this season - going well so far and a good comp!

you omitted to note I had managed to pull the finger out and get off bottom! :D

ps good work on running this this season - going well so far and a good comp!

I was trying my best not to mention bottom place in division 1 :D

• Advertisement

Oh so only the top four stay in Div 1? Eep, will have to make it my mission to spank Geraldine FC next time around!

Oh so only the top four stay in Div 1? Eep, will have to make it my mission to spank Geraldine FC next time around!

don't think so, think only bottom goes down... might be wrong though?

hurry up and get the fantasy things done!

don't think so, think only bottom goes down... might be wrong though?

hurry up and get the fantasy things done!

I have to wait for TheJims ! :(

Nah, can't just be bottom, because two or three went up last year, right?

Ìt was 4 relegated last year. I had thought about changing it to bottom 3 go down but as noone had said anything about it I decided to leave it be.

It's too late for this season (I definely don't think it's a good idea to change at the half-way point) but I would be up for a rewrite of promotion/relegation rules for next year. Especially as div.2 changes completely with 4 promoted and 4 relegated as it stands.

Ìt was 4 relegated last year. I had thought about changing it to bottom 3 go down but as noone had said anything about it I decided to leave it be.

It's too late for this season (I definely don't think it's a good idea to change at the half-way point) but I would be up for a rewrite of promotion/relegation rules for next year. Especially as div.2 changes completely with 4 promoted and 4 relegated as it stands.

wasn't aware of that... damn I need to move up more!! can't drop down... must beat Scorched earth to bust into top four again!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,866 ✭✭✭daheff

Whatever about this season, I think 2 up & 2 down is better...otherwise too much movement in the leagues (with 2&2 half of league still changes)

Yeah 4 is a bit much. If there are no playoffs of any sort then I'd think two up two down should be enough, though maybe wait a season, because you've got big hitters coming up from Div III, would lead to more equal leagues if we keep it at four for the moment, just to sort people out.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭l3m0n5

So I'm going to Div III no matter what. Right time for some proper experimenting..... I wonder would my scrum half make a good hooker :D:D

I smell a big game :p

• Advertisement

beating wex at halftime 13-8!:D

Please please bring on a decent second half, no JP like collapses!:(

Advertisement