Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards League (Thursday, S. 12)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭mar-z

Just tuned in. 21-7 up against Couch Potatoes.

Looking at the stats seems a little against the run of play.

edit: 31-10 now

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭TheJims

Getting annihilated by munster mkii.... Set for my biggest loss yet :-\

38-10, looks like I've finally beaten you scrummage. Think its (about) 5th time the charm! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,632 ✭✭✭ormond lad

TheJims wrote: »
    Getting annihilated by munster mkii.... Set for my biggest loss yet :-\
    at least you scored against him. i lost by same margin but didnt score or even look like scoring:(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

45-28 against Geraldine. Thats 8 on the bounce:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

Beat wex - yeah out tacticed the national manager... haven't checked if he put out his best team, but I see no reason for anyone not to on thursdays...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

ormond lad wrote: »
    at least you scored against him.

Munster Mark II is managed by a her.

at least you scored against him.
    oops..didnt know. sorry

oops..didnt know. sorry

Don't worry, every single one of us has made the same mistake over the last few years playing BR!

There's no shame losing to a female! There is however shame losing 8 Thursday's on the trot... It shall no disrupt the return of my good mood!

• Advertisement

There's no shame losing to a female! There is however shame losing 8 Thursday's on the trot... It shall not disrupt the return of my good mood!

I sense it will be here sooner rather than later, remember boards is your friend at your happiest moments....:pac:

There's no shame losing to a female! There is however shame losing 8 Thursday's on the trot... It shall no disrupt the return of my good mood!
    no shame at all in losing to a female. my game against you week 12 will be deciding who is bottom of div 3. weve played 5 times already and you are 3-2 up in wins so i think i deserve the next win:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭Gelio

corny wrote: »
    45-28 against Geraldine. Thats 8 on the bounce:cool:

You ate me alive! At least I got the four try bp :p time to work on a new defence me thinks

no shame at all in losing to a female. my game against you week 12 will be deciding who is bottom of div 3. weve played 5 times already and you are 3-2 up in wins so i think i deserve the next win:D

do you have many bot matches coming up in ur league? if u do, we should have a monday friendly n just LTNT n see how it goes! if ya win, not only will it be 3-3 for our wooden spoon match, but also the winner of the season will be on the line! :cool:

do you have many bot matches coming up in ur league? if u do, we should have a monday friendly n just LTNT n see how it goes! if ya win, not only will it be 3-3 for our wooden spoon match, but also the winner of the season will be on the line! :cool:
    dont have any til the end of july but il play monday week if your up for it

cools.. ill send on a request monday.. are u planning on going to Div III for next season??

cools.. ill send on a request monday.. are u planning on going to Div III for next season??
    why not. better to lose all games next season in division 3 and be challenged then win a lot of games in div 4 handy enough. to improve you have to play better standard of teams moreoften and in div 3 il do that

hmm i guess ur right.. players will get better IGT from better teams..

it'll be like the boards league thou! :P

hmm maybe ill have to rethink my plan..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭dreamer_ire

oops..didnt know. sorry
    eoferrall wrote: »
    Don't worry, every single one of us has made the same mistake over the last few years playing BR!

Love it! And I think you are right eof, everyone has made the same assumption.... fortunately never in the flesh lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭Phonehead

Beat wex - yeah out tacticed the national manager... haven't checked if he put out his best team, but I see no reason for anyone not to on thursdays...:D

I'll have you know, you beat my 3rd team - but congrats on the win

My first team being Ireland NT1 and second being Ireland NT2;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭cclampett

Love it! And I think you are right eof, everyone has made the same assumption.... fortunately never in the flesh lol

i get to be beat by a girl 2 thursdays in a row, yay(sarcastic yay)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭dreamer_ire

cclampett wrote: »
    i get to be beat by a girl 2 thursdays in a row, yay(sarcastic yay)

Most men wouldn't complain lol

Phonehead wrote: »
    I'll have you know, you beat my 3rd team - but congrats on the win

My first team being Ireland NT1 and second being Ireland NT2;)

Quiet you, i am still practicing the stories to regale to my grand kids!:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭cclampett

Most men wouldn't complain lol

lol, but the last one was also a Canadian:o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭Phonehead

cclampett wrote: »
    lol, but the last one was also a Canadian:o

Worse, A Tipp woman with a yank accent;)

Website updated from last week.

My predictions managed to prove a jinx for many in division 1 in round 8 as 3 of the 4 teams I predicted to stay in the division lost. Only the run-away unbeaten leaders Forza Juve proved my jinxing abilities fallible by being unbeaten bullies of the rest of us. The rest of the league is as tight as can be with no other team winning more than half their games and the team that has lost the most has 3 losing bonus points (:mad:). Besides Forza the other positions are getting harder to predict rather than easier.

In division 2 Front Row Fairies extended their lead at the top by securing a bonus point win while Yermen had to settle for 4 points. Only one point seperates 4th from 6th so promotion and relegation is still wide open (probably also hammers home the need for reducing promotion and relegation numbers next season)

Division 3 looks to be the only league with the title still up for grabs with The Jacks locked in combat with a Mauling Bear. Not much in the promotion race here either, with only 10 points between 2nd and 6th a run of a couple of games could see a lot of changes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭Gelio

If I manage to stay up this season its a disgrace :p

ajeffares wrote: »
    If I manage to stay up this season its a disgrace :p

If you accepted more matches it wouldn't be!:D

but very interesting league so far, few wins on the bounce and up to forth. but going to slide again with Forza up tonight :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

If you accepted more matches it wouldn't be!:D

but very interesting league so far, few wins on the bounce and up to forth. but going to slide again with Forza up tonight :(

I see what you're doing there.

Lull him into a false sense of security then BANG!!!! Up to second.:D

Good luck tonight.

• Advertisement

corny wrote: »
    I see what you're doing there.

Lull him into a false sense of security then BANG!!!! Up to second.:D

Good luck tonight.

well other than in the 2nd row you have a good bit of CSR advantage across the park, Esp in the pack.

But I am hoping my crazy tactics will win out! ;) I have identified areas to target! :D

I'm not expecting.... but you never know!!

Advertisement