Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards League (Thursday, S. 12)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭cclampett

as well as reducing the number of promotion spots can we increase the penalty for not accepting?
    if i hadn't accepted either of my fixtures against mauling bear it would have reduced my points differance by 142 points!
    (she won 92-0 and 90-0, i think i heard non accepts count as a 20-0 tbpwin)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

damn it lads, come back in to check on match and 0-13 down. 7 linebreaks and not one converted to a score!:(

his one linebreak and one try.:mad:

Come lads make a match of it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭Phonehead

At least I didn't lose to the Curly Wurlys, couldn't have them beating me after they have become the Clampers whipping boys;)

Phonehead wrote: »
    At least I didn't lose to the Curly Wurlys, couldn't have them beating me after they have become the Clampers whipping boys;)

that would be embarrasing, nearly as embarrasing as getting whipped(again) by a team that calls itself "leo's love machines":o

• Registered Users Posts: 5,866 ✭✭✭daheff

with 9 games gone Front Row Fairies have (i think) 43 points. Beltra in 5th hae 21 points.....i think another 3 points and i'm promoted to Div 1

:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭dreamer_ire

cclampett wrote: »
    that would be embarrasing, nearly as embarrasing as getting whipped(again) by a team that calls itself "leo's love machines":o

I laughed when i saw your teams nic.... bet fewcifur appreciated that :D

I laughed when i saw your teams nic.... bet fewcifur appreciated that :D

i think he found it amusing up till round 8:D, might get myself demoted yet and avoid the backlash next season

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭mar-z

Website updated for week 9.

No real time for a summary, the top teams remain unchanged in all divisions. But we can now talk about the bottom place in division 1 again thanks to (yet another) bonus point loss for Grubber RFC lifting them to where they belong above a certain Death Squad :D.

as well as reducing the number of promotion spots can we increase the penalty for not accepting?
    if i hadn't accepted either of my fixtures against mauling bear it would have reduced my points differance by 142 points!
    (she won 92-0 and 90-0, i think i heard non accepts count as a 20-0 tbpwin)

Hmmm, there may be something in this. A lot of games are finishing with a greater than 20 point margin.

I will be planning on setting up all fixtures for next season in the week after the final games of the league this season as I will be away for a couple of months (go post-thesis writing trip to RWC! :cool::D). So as there will be no excuses for not accepting as they will be set up early I would say a 50-0 or so loss would be good for non-acceptance. I suppose we could make it 100-0 and claim it as a bot team showing up instead of the non-accepting team. As I say should be no excuse as it will all get set up before the end of this season.

Oh and relating to above, I'm planning to be away for September and October and wont be online much if at all. This means someone will have to track the league fixtures, standings, update the website, etc. while I'm away. The person will have to get Phonehead's approval (or be Phonehead if he has time for it) as it's his yola account the website is up on and I don't want to go giving out his password and stuff ;)

i was actually thinking of a 1 point league penalty

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,866 ✭✭✭daheff

mar-z wrote: »

No real time for a summary, the top teams remain unchanged in all divisions. But we can now talk about the bottom place in division 1 again thanks to (yet another) bonus point loss for Grubber RFC lifting them to where they belong above a certain Death Squad :D.

check Div 2...yermen in 2nd have played 9, won 9 and lost 9

think it should be p 9 w7 L 2

daheff wrote: »
    check Div 2...yermen in 2nd have played 9, won 9 and lost 9

think it should be p 9 w7 L 2

Fixed :o

i was actually thinking of a 1 point league penalty

I'd agree with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

Damnit! I wasn't even paying attention! How'd I go from top flight to relegation so fast! I'll have to focus all my wiles on the big game against Grubber so! Lot of fighting talking going about this here place, certainly expected better of Phonehead, now he's as dead to me as Orizio is to us all.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

Lost for the first time:(

Did well to get the losing bonus point though because i should have lost by more against Toronto.

I was having nightmares at the thoughts of you having a clean sweep this season:p

Fewcifur wrote: »
    I'll have to focus all my wiles on the big game against Grubber so!

That was all your wiles?! ;):p

And yay Corny was beaten. Please keep the losing streak up next week!

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭TheJims

was looking for an upset on Clampett last night, but no he put 5 Tries past me in the second half..

Gettin desperate to Scalp some one now! :D

TheJims wrote: »
    was looking for an upset on Clampett last night, but no he put 5 Tries past me in the second half..

Gettin desperate to Scalp some one now! :D

i was upset(and worried) after the first half though

That was all your wiles?! ;):p

Nope, that was me even forgetting to set my feckin' team. But in a silver lining type thing, I have conquered the mighty ****-up machine that kept losing my documentation, so I shall be going to the Masters ball in September! Hurrah!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭dreamer_ire

Am ready for my hiding tomorrow, don't think I'll be able to bring myself to watch it though. Hoping to keep the Bears to 80!

Am ready for my hiding tomorrow, don't think I'll be able to bring myself to watch it though. Hoping to keep the Bears to 80!
    can't say i've any sympathy for ya but reckon you'll keep it a lot more respectable than that
    i get to play bully on ormond lad i think, or hope at least, i cant see the prematch without premium

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭TheJims

Oh today's Thursday...? No team set... Not that'll matter.. Damned boards league, hope ormond get an upset :p now to go check how bad I'm doin...

Oh today's Thursday...? No team set... Not that'll matter.. Damned boards league, hope ormond get an upset :p now to go check how bad I'm doin...

they're well on their way! :mad: now to go break some stuff in the dressing room:p

I spend far too much time on this game than I should, yet every week I forget about this Thursday game.....:rolleyes:

Ugh, made an error against Ajeffares. Went aggressive and now he has a decent lead due to penalties kicked. Poo. Was hoping for an upset.

lol, these Tipp lads ill discipline is looking to be their downfall too, they'd prob be comfy by now if they hadnt gone aggressive

My fecker got another try. Thankfully. If I lost due to my aggression I'd be annoyed at myself, but if it's him scoring tries I can live with it.

Edit: Actually, it's all gone horribly wrong. Just noticing that my crappy back-up prop is on the pitch, as is my random flanker. Damn.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,632 ✭✭✭ormond lad

they're well on their way! :mad: now to go break some stuff in the dressing room:p
    was doing well for a while but didnt even get a bonus point in the end :(
    at least my score difference wont have gotten as bad as it could have and i can prepare for the battle for last place against the jims next week

• Advertisement

The world is conspiring against me. Best prop, best 2nd row and best back all injured within the first 30mins. Damn.

Advertisement