Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Pint of Guinness in Dublin?

Options
  • 19-04-2011 7:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Where's that to be found then...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭Gae

Mulligan's on Poolbeg Street, IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭henryporter

Palace Bar, Fleet Street or the Long Hall on Georges Street are both very tasty

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭fontanalis

Going by past reactions I must be one of few people who thought Bruxelles used to have good pints.
    The Palace as mentioned and I found Cassidys on Wexford Street, Slatterys of Rathmines, the Sackville Lounge to have nice pints

• Registered Users Posts: 9,681 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

O'Donoghues Baggot st.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

gaffneys in fairview is brilliant. the crossbar in harolds cross and the halfway house in walkinstown are very good too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Chaplins on Hawkins Street do a lovely pint as does The Clock on Thomas Street.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭tony 2 tone

+ 1 for Chaplins, it tends to get over looked as it's so close to Mulligans. Personally I think Chaplins is better.
    Other great pint pubs, Ryans on Queen st does a beautiful pint. The Lower Deck and Ryans on Wexford street are good too. Bowes on Fleet street is an other great spot.
    But my favourite is Fallons in the Coombe. Consistantly great pint.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭Kingdom Bhoy

Chaplins on Hawkins Street do a lovely pint as does The Clock on Thomas Street.

Good craic in Chaplins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

+ 1 for Chaplins, it tends to get over looked as it's so close to Mulligans. Personally I think Chaplins is better.
    Other great pint pubs, Ryans on Queen st does a beautiful pint. The Lower Deck and Ryans on Wexford street are good too. Bowes on Fleet street is an other great spot.
    But my favourite is Fallons in the Coombe. Consistantly great pint.

forgot about chaplins and the deck. lovely pints

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Stags Head and Grogans too!

Chaplins is my favourite pub in Dublin though!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

It's a well known fact that the best pint of Guinness in Dublin is at Hartigans on Leeson St., just at the corner of St. Stephens Green.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

Kehoe's, South Anne Street - are there any other pubs in Dublin? :D

aprildublintrip003.jpg?w=300

http://collectireland.wordpress.com/2009/04/02/kehoes-south-anne-street-another-institution/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭BigDuffman

The Guinness bar (no craic though).
    The Long Hall (between camden and georges street so can crawl on up to a club)
    Duffys of Malahide

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

+ 1 for Fallons in the Coombe.

Also, Brogans on Dame St, Bowes on Fleet St (although, I haven't been in quite a while, but I reckon they still do a good one), and The Lord Edward at Christchurch.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭tony 2 tone

cosmic wrote: »
    + 1 for Fallons in the Coombe.

Also, Brogans on Dame St, Bowes on Fleet St (although, I haven't been in quite a while, but I reckon they still do a good one), and The Lord Edward at Christchurch.

Ah Brogans, I love the spot but the Guinness is nowhere near as good as the other places mentioned. Pity as it used to be top notch. Still good craic in there esp. when the rugby is on.

Oh and Kennedy's on Tara street is great too (hope it opens back up soon)
    Oh oh, and Devitt's on Camden street.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

Ah Brogans, I love the spot but the Guinness is nowhere near as good as the other places mentioned. Pity as it used to be top notch.

Ah it's a while since I've been in there :(

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Don't drink Guinness but was in The Oval on Abbey St with a mate before and he said it was a lovely pint of Guinness he had.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭boneless

Fallons or Hartigans on the southside. Downeys and the Gravediggers on the northside. All four are consistent pints.

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭Squelchy

The Pebblebeach in Clontarf has a tasty one.
    Shame they don't deliver.
    The Bloody Stream out in Howth.

Fallon's do a lovely one too, I'd agree there.
    I'm partial to The Swan on Aungier street as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭brianrcarney

halfway hse walkinstown.... like milk!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 neady31

Gravediggers in Glasnevin. Can't be beaten.

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭Raytown Rocks

Clarkes Bar
    Irishtown

Never ever had a bad pint

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Have only recently started drinking Guinness, gonna have to check some of these places out :D Lots of votes for Chaplins, never been there, will have a geez some night

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭CuppaCocoa

'The Old Royal Oak' opposite Kilmainham Garda Station ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

Came across this excellent blog last night and you won't go far wrong if you try some of their pub crawls through Dublin. :D

http://comeheretome.wordpress.com/?s=pub+crawl

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Came across this excellent blog last night and you won't go far wrong if you try some of their pub crawls through Dublin. :D

http://comeheretome.wordpress.com/?s=pub+crawl

Your man who runs that posts on here, 1968 is his username.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Dave! wrote: »
    Have only recently started drinking Guinness, gonna have to check some of these places out :D Lots of votes for Chaplins, never been there, will have a geez some night

Judging by the forum you mod Dave, I see you have fallen off the wagon ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭doughef

O'Connells South Richmond Street, a few doors down from the Portobello.

Fantastic pint, always a newspaper knocking around too

(its a pity the Portobello is gone such a kip lately, used to be a decent oul spot)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Judging by the forum you mod Dave, I see you have fallen off the wagon ;)
    hah not quite, I just mod the forum to keep the dry-shítes* in order :D Have always been a drinker meself

*j/k

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,932 ✭✭✭hinault

Older established boozers in the city are hard to beat when it comes to the best pint of Guinness.

Ryan's Pub in James's Street is exceptional I think, for Guinness

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement