Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Pint of Guinness in Dublin?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Axweildr2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 CB85

Kitty Kiernans (formally the Jolly Beggarman) on Collins Ave does a great pint in the bar. So does Dohenny and Nesbits on Baggot street but the best pint in dublin is in the Guinness Store house!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

Surely the quality (enjoyment) of a pint of Guinness is to some extent influenced by its surroundings? I mean the very fact of drinking Guinness in a tourist trap like the Storehouse would ruin it for me, just as surely as drinking a pint of Guinness out of a branded lager glass. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭RoyMcC

After two years living in Dublin I can't say that I ever had a BAD pint. You guys are incredibly lucky to have a bar tradition that takes pride in serving a good pint every time. Call for a Guinness here in Jersey or in the UK and the barman/girl will invariably just throw it into the glass and push the foaming result hopefully in your direction.

However I can't recall a memorable pint, one that stands out ahead of the rest. Being of a certain age I tend to frequent 'old man' pubs. (I simply avoid the city centre superpubs and younger crowds, and probably wouldn't get into a club :() One or two bars not mentioned here which I particulary look forward to visiting are Doolan's (Hogan Place), WJ Kavanagh's (Dorset Street) and the Yacht (Ringsend).

The only pint I've objected to wasn't in Dublin but in Barry's (Douglas) where they served it ice-cold and I was told that 'everyone likes it that way' :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭tony 2 tone

cosmic wrote: »
    Ah it's a while since I've been in there :(

Was in Brogans couple of days ago and the pint was a hell of a lot better than the time previous. Had a good few few to make sure!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

Walsh's in Stoneybatter, the best I've had I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

Was in Brogans couple of days ago and the pint was a hell of a lot better than the time previous. Had a good few few to make sure!

Great to hear! I've never had a bad one in there :)

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Cormac2791

cat and cage / fagans! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 42 hXci

Came across this excellent blog last night and you won't go far wrong if you try some of their pub crawls through Dublin. :D

http://comeheretome.wordpress.com/?s=pub+crawl

Cheers for the plug, its myself and two others that post on here (both of whom have considerably more posts than me!!) on run CHTM. We reckon we've visited over 120 pubs in Dublin at this point. My three favourite pints so far have been Brogan's (its my local, and I've never gotten a bad pint in the place) Kehoes and The Dame Tavern.

I've heard it said that Guinness staff recommend the pints in Brogan's. Used to love the pint in Mulligan's, but it has gone downhill of late. :(

hXci wrote: »
    I've heard it said that Guinness staff recommend the pints in Brogan's.

Who said that, Ben? :p I love Brogans too but don't think it is the best pint in town. Where else can ya meet the stars of "Leap Year" and rip the piss out of them (well the direction team any way)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭ceekay74

Bowes on Fleet Street

O'Donoghues on Baggot Street

Halfway House in Walkinstown

Who said that, Ben? :p I love Brogans too but don't think it is the best pint in town. Where else can ya meet the stars of "Leap Year" and rip the piss out of them (well the direction team any way)

Haha, Ben? Sure you don't get much out of Ben bar a sneer and a "grazie" when eh gives you your change! John on the other hand, top lad. :D Love the place myself, have had some epic sessions there. I think it was one of the lads from CHTM! who gave a walking tour to some Guinness workers and they said it to him!

hXci wrote: »
    Haha, Ben? Sure you don't get much out of Ben bar a sneer and a "grazie" when eh gives you your change! John on the other hand, top lad. :D Love the place myself, have had some epic sessions there. I think it was one of the lads from CHTM! who gave a walking tour to some Guinness workers and they said it to him!

The rugby sessions are things of legend. Once you get in under the tv you;re in for the night!

Must know you to see so, I'm always in Ben's with a big crowd of loopers for the rugby!

EDIT: Sorry for dragging the thread off topic Mods. Still bigging up Brogan's pints :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

The Nest in dundrum does a good pint...

Worst pint i've ever got in Dublin? - At the Guinness Storehouse.... I **** you not... overflowing, wasn't let settle long enough before the second pour. pure ****e...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭boneless

BraziliaNZ wrote: »
    Walsh's in Stoneybatter, the best I've had I think.

I haven't been in there in ages! I must go back again.

Oh, and Kavanaghs up the top of Stoneybatter used to do a great pint, and hopefully still does! The bar is a bit sterile though...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

there's a pub in dun laoghaire where they pour all the pints of Guinness in one. No difference at all in taste, and head the same size. This is coming from a Guinness enthusiast. Makes you wonder.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭saintsaltynuts

Toners Baggot St.,Fallons The Coombe and Smyth's Haddington St.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭saintsaltynuts

Korvanica wrote: »
    The Nest in dundrum does a good pint...

Worst pint i've ever got in Dublin? - At the Guinness Storehouse.... I **** you not... overflowing, wasn't let settle long enough before the second pour. pure ****e...
    Yeah pal i can back you up on that one....Unreal isnt it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

the sheds in clontarf and kyles in coolock village both deserve a mention

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Shalamov

The Swan on Aungier St.
    Smyths on Haddington Rd

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭obriendj

The Lower Deck in Portobello

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭Badabing

Boars Head Capel Street

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Please don't drag up old threads unnecessarily. Thread closed.

2 posts removed, 1 stupid one by some one who needs to reread the charter and T&Cs before posting in this forum again.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement