Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Temperature Monitoring

Options
  • 19-04-2011 8:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,461 ✭✭✭✭

what programs do you use for monitoring the temperature of your cpu and gpu?

i used to have a program which displayed the temps in the taskbar for both with min and max temps but i can't remember what it was

I tried to install Ati Tray Tools but it was giving me BSOD's on my new build

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭game4it70

Hwmonitor,coretemp,realtemp and gpuz are the ones i would use.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭Moon54

I usually just use Speccy as it gives all the important info at a quick glance;
    http://www.piriform.com/speccy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭barneysplash

Is there a reference table/site for temps?

Like a website that has a list of average temps for
    Dell Inspiron 6400 or IBM Think Pad T42 etc?

That would be very useful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Coretemp is great for CPU monitoring, you can easily customise the tray icon so that it only displays 1 icon for the hottest core, and fits in with the Windows taskbar quite nicely... Has some nice logging options as well

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Scorpion venom

Coretemp for sure well recommend it :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

I use HWMonitor for most things, and Afterburner and GPU-Z if I'm looking for more specific GPU information.

Advertisement