Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone ever have a job sorted before arriving in Oz?

Options
  • 19-04-2011 8:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭

Out of curiosity, has this ever happened to anybody where they got a job lined up before departing for Australia?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭amybabes

Yes, applied for it on gumtree. Sent the boss my cv and had email interview. Hired me by email.
    Was going anyway, just made life easier as I landed on a Thursday and started work on the following Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Vorsprung

Yep, had a phone interview a few months before coming out,had visa organised by the recruitment agent Nd started work a week after arriving

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

I got a job sorted before arriving here. Arrived the Sunday, working the monday but my position would be different than most.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭Feelgood

I did a phone interview at 2am and landed a job from home. Felt pretty damn good too :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Can I ask what sectors you guys work in? I'm a mechanical engineer and I'm looking at emmigrating to either Sydney or Melbourne.

I have some friends in Sydney, engineers and all working who say jobs are plentiful compared to here.

I am only in the early phase of my planning, I have yet to apply to any companies/agencies, but obviously the possibility of having a job before going is quite attractive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 jaycarlow

Leaving for Oz on the 17th May

Have a job sorted but its cause my mate is out there and his company are taking me on

• Registered Users Posts: 39,352 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Feelgood wrote: »
    I did a phone interview at 2am and landed a job from home. Felt pretty damn good too :D

Given your name i'm not surprised ;)

Advertisement